Keep it clean but fun.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Unity Humble Bundle

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Renokun

Re: Unity Humble Bundle

Post by Renokun »

I snagged it when I saw what all was in it. Toying around with uMMORPG right now. Trying to see how to change out the camera. I played with UFPS before. Loved it, but wished it was multiplayer. The Photon addon is interesting, but I have no interest in Photon. I came here today to post this so others could see it, glad you beat me to it! :)
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Yeah I bought UMMORPG sometime ago but havent done much with it. Playing with 2d UMMORPG now. The discord channel is really good.
Gunner

Post by Gunner »

Thanks dude!!!!!!! :D

BTW just wondering, does unity have live coding features? Run & compile the game -> edit source code -> save project -> don't even have to recompile/rerun the results are just magically there
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Well yes you can test the game in the editor but no not for live projects. If I am understanding you correctly.
Gunner

Post by Gunner »

Well I can't seem to understand you either :lol:

I mean something like this in gamemaker https://yal.cc/introducing-gmlive-gml/

After you compile & run the game, just edit the source code, the previously ran and compiled game now shows the updated version of that.. Without ever having to recompile.

This speeds up the dev process A LOT.
Renokun

Post by Renokun »

I'd love to give uMMORPG 2D a whirl, but I got to wait for a good price drop. Just blew most of my entertainment budget on the bundle. :) The addon system seems pretty cool. I just need a much better camera. I am hanging out in their Discord. Just haven't bothered asking questions yet. Trying to reacquaint myself with Unity after spending a couple years away.

Return to “Off-Topic”