Unity WEBGL

For discussions about game development that does not fit in any of the other topics.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Unity WEBGL

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Thought I would play around with Unity again now that is has WebGL deployment

http://hallsofvallhalla.com/runner/
OldRod

Re: Unity WEBGL

Post by OldRod »

Pretty cool.

I have been working on upgrading my Asteroid Runner game to use WebGL now that the Unity web player plugin is no longer supported by Chrome. I keep getting distracted by a platformer I'm working on though, so it's not ready :)
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Yeah with Chrome ditching it they have to come up with a good alternative which means getting the WebGL plugin to work well.

The only thing I dont like is that it packages all of the project no matter what. Normally unity will only package what is used. So for instance that file I loaded was 10 megs...why? I may need to try the last option of super slow packaging but better compression.
Sim

Post by Sim »

OldRod wrote:Pretty cool.

I have been working on upgrading my Asteroid Runner game to use WebGL now that the Unity web player plugin is no longer supported by Chrome. I keep getting distracted by a platformer I'm working on though, so it's not ready :)
What platformer? =}
oRPG Creator - Make Your Own Browser Game
oRPG Creator on Facebook
Sim

Post by Sim »

Cool start Halls. Maybe you should fix camera rotation? Seems to fast?
oRPG Creator - Make Your Own Browser Game
oRPG Creator on Facebook
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

yep, lots o things to fix, but thinking of maybe 3d billboard MMO crazy stuff
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

Sim wrote:
OldRod wrote:Pretty cool.

What platformer? =}
It's a hobby/learning project to make a platformer using characters/settings from Heretic, the old FPS. I'm doing it as a learning experience, and won't release it publicly, since I don't want to run into any copyright infringement issues... but it's fun to work on :)

I have a really cool idea for a platformer that I want to do, but I wanted to learn how to work the core systems and coding first, without having to address game design issues, so I picked something I already knew.

Return to “General Development”