Buy Engine

General Chat, Comments
rocky33

Buy Engine

Post by rocky33 »

a newly purchased (NWE) game engine is enough for startup (like mccodes and like make crimes for players and many more activities create by admin)?

i wanna buy engine and run on my server and slowly - slowly add modules
KyleMassacre

Re: Buy Engine

Post by KyleMassacre »

You will have to create quite a few features yourself. This isnt technically a ready to deploy game like MCC is out of the box
rocky33

Post by rocky33 »

how many modules require for basic startup ?
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

It depends what kind of games you are after. You could of course avoid to do any additional modules and just concentrate on the content. It may work, but as always, you should think of the following first:
YOUR GAME, not what the game engine can do or includes but more what YOU want to do with your game. And don't answer: I want to make a game like game XYZ because that's already a bad start ;)
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
rocky33

Post by rocky33 »

I want to have the same basic engine that we have in MCCODE in the new version of engine NWE. I want to explore the field of administrative for the same field.
gmoore

Post by gmoore »

Hi Rocky!

There is enough in the basic module to make a basic first person game of any type you want. Crime, Medieval, etc. There is a lot of customization to make it 'feel' like your game idea rather than the generic starting point it would come out of the box like. A look and feel for example. I have found you will always want to go 'beyond' the engine which is what it was made for. I don't use MCCODES but have heard of it. We are currently developing what will be complete game add-ons for the package (like a full Trade Wars style game) but that will take some time.

Let me know if you have any questions: gmoore@funmayhem.com

Thank you!
Greg
Running a game is like riding a bike ... well it should be!

New Worlds Engine / FunMayhem.com
Helping you get your game concept up and running. Now.
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

A few of my modules are based off some of the more popular modules that I have seen on MCC. Once you get the hang of the engine you will be easily able to take bits and pieces of other modules you see or like and create your own spin
gmoore

Post by gmoore »

I've gotten a good chunk of emails from people wanting a turn key system. Probably non-developer types. This is on our top 3 list to service.

Greg

KaL

Post by KaL »

NWE already have the basic stuff for you to create your own unique game. All you have to do it change the story, artwork, and layout around. You should be able to create a good game with your own storyline. Also there is a lot of modules out there that you can combine to make your game even more unique. Just play around with the engine just get to know it first. Then you'll understand how easy it is. I tried MCC but i believe NWE offer more features and ease of use, that's just my opinion.

GREG: what's a turn key system?
gmoore

Post by gmoore »

Turn Key is like buying a car from the lot. You have everything installed and ready to go for as close of a type of car that you want .... turn the key and go. You can have a sports car or mini-van or SUV or pickup. But what if you wanted a sports pickup etc? You can't get it (I think?).

A framework (like NWE and others) is more like, you buy a car chassis here, get the engine over there, sand down the body, get another person to install the brakes and do your own oil change. Takes a lot longer but is exactly what you want. This is NWE as it is. It takes work but you can do anything with it. We give you the tools to get what you want. NWE as it is, is best suited for a do it yourself person. Either programmer or designer. Time is the issue.

We currently have 12 game concepts that would overlay the NWE engine (which I know I was a proud owner of a license before I took over stewardship of it). They would be customized for a type of game with tables, modules, etc ready to go (Turn Key). At least it would be much closer to what someone envisions as a game. I already have a linked location space game created (not in production) but I made so many changes I can't get from 1.1.9 to it without chaos. I have a crime game concept 100% Ajax half complete. (Okay so I also have a windows desktop client using NWE as a back end ... but that's another story).

I hope to take NWE to this next level. Such is my tag line here.

Greg

Return to “General”