NWE - Mobile Version

General Chat, Comments
gmoore

NWE - Mobile Version

Post by gmoore »

So work has begun on our NWE Mobile Project. Android / IOS / (Maybe) Windows. No time table at this time. I have some code I did for this already so we have a starting point.

The discussion so far is:
1) Each of the 3 platforms will be a separate product.
2) Each product will use the core NWE backend and modules (hopefully without modifications).
3) The clients will have some native code (menus and such)
4) The clients will have some web based code (modules)
5) Modules will be able to use content_mobile.php or content_mobile_android.php for module refinements.
6) Content will be delivered through an independent engine that sits next to NWE PRO.
7) Customization of the client will minimally be transferred images and text to begin with.
8) App Store submission will require some knowledge by our users (you) in Java/etc (to begin with).

Things we don't know yet:
1) Timeline: Since I have very part time but knowledgeable folks it could take awhile
2) Client Customization: We do not know the level of customization we can provide yet but would like to keep it in line with NWE for a unique experience for your sites.
3) Modules: We might add content_mobile_native.php also for native screens. I don't know how we would make generic client screens yet. But one can hope.

http://www.nw-engine.com: Will become a demo NWE game with the 3 future clients accessing the same database. The client will be available on the various app stores to provide us a stream of new users.

This is after our first meeting last night, so I wanted to keep you all in the loop. If you want to comment, etc, please don't be shy to post (I know you won't). I will bring them to our meetings.

Note: I have several other endeavors going on with the NWE system. I'll will bring those up for discussion also as I flesh them out.

Thank you!
Greg
Running a game is like riding a bike ... well it should be!

New Worlds Engine / FunMayhem.com
Helping you get your game concept up and running. Now.
KaL

Re: NWE - Mobile Version

Post by KaL »

Omg! Now you got me excited! I better start making more modules or a template game.

Thanks for the good news!
Last edited by KaL on Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gmoore

Re: NWE - Mobile Version

Post by gmoore »

There are more questions than answers when you start though. Android will definitely be first.

One hurdle will be client submission. Android for example has the 'unique' package name built into the compiled project. A second submission with the same name won't work. So part of your download will be us replacing your names in the source code (like from com.funmayhem to com.YourName), compiling and making something you can submit right away. So our 'customizer' might be actually online, at first. Again, in development.
Running a game is like riding a bike ... well it should be!

New Worlds Engine / FunMayhem.com
Helping you get your game concept up and running. Now.

Return to “General”