FunMayhem's Future

General Chat, Comments
gmoore

FunMayhem's Future

Post by gmoore »

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to let you know some exciting news for NWE and FunMayhem.com.

As you know I didn't expect to be able to own a very robust system like NWE. I have always been impressed with its' clear, concise and well written code base. I sort of 'stumbled' into it. NWE has given me something to real be happy about. Something that rivals the game company I owned for 8 years in the 1980's. Rather than meandering about with this or that project, I can focus.

With that said, I've spent a lot of time thinking about where do I go. Most people don't have 5-10 years of time to get their idea off the ground. They lose interest, run out of time or life just stops them. I am an example. I want to help. My 7 days of effort might help others get their idea up and running a year earlier. Well I hope. I am a stakeholder (one having a stake in your success) in your idea, your business. Your success is my success. That is my mantra.

First, I want to treat this like a real and vibrant software development company. I do have to have the ultimate goal of paying for my and others time. I think that is the only way to be able to have a quality product that is more than an individuals effort. I want your ideas to thrive so it makes sense to do business with us. I know not everyone has a ton of money. 'We' can work around that.

Second, I want to really entice and bring people into the fold. I want our free version to make people stop and listen. You can run a game. Here it is. We will offer a free version that people can use and use now.

Third, I want a solid system of module developers that can join in our success. I envision a future where module writers can actually make a living selling their work through us. We intend on a WordPress/Joomla style system where developers can offer products through us to our user base. We will have training and certification programs to offer users confidence in the developers they trust.

And Fourth, we want to extend to any game platform we can. This will let our customers realize their success faster. Not everyone is a coder but everyone has ideas. Dreams. Just like me. Just like you. More on this coming.

So, to the news. I've been able to establish a partnership with a group of developers here in Syracuse, NY. Most are from Syracuse University. This alliance will get me skilled people, at low rates, that will be able to help immediately. We are currently setting up some sessions to begin work. Your ideas are always welcome. Please comment in the normal forums if you have thoughts.

I hope you will join me / us! Please tell your friends.

Your friend and stakeholder.
Greg
Running a game is like riding a bike ... well it should be!

New Worlds Engine / FunMayhem.com
Helping you get your game concept up and running. Now.
KyleMassacre

Re: FunMayhem's Future

Post by KyleMassacre »

I have always been a fan of this engine and only want to see the best for it in the future so if there is anything I can do you know where to find me and just let me know
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Congrats! Sounds like a bright future.
KaL

Post by KaL »

Awesome! i'm not much of a programmer but i do like to think out of the box. i like to modify any modules and improve it better.

"Every modules and function is just a tool, forget learning how it was made but learning how to use it is the key." -Non-Developer :D
GameMaster

Post by GameMaster »

Greets, whats the status of this engine? I'm on 5.6 and starting to see errors popup here and there especially in the Admin panel such as the combat module, etc.

Players ask me to add more stuff but the system is not easy to update because of future upgrades.
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

What errors are you getting? But maybe put it in a new thread? So we don't hijack this one

Return to “General”