New Worlds Engine Announcement

General Chat, Comments
gmoore

New Worlds Engine Announcement

Post by gmoore »

I would like to announce that I have purchased the rights to New Worlds Engine from Alain Bertrand. My intent is to continue development of NWE. I hope NWE will become the cornerstone of a game tools business my wife, my son and I will be creating.

To answer a few questions in advance:
- All license owners of NWE 1.x versions will be honored.
- NWE 1.x will continue to be developed.
- All credits in the module marketplace will be honored though payouts will be on hold for the time being.
- I have transferred the website code and databases to nwe.funmayhem.com. Alain will soon point the domain to this location and begin the domain transfer process. This will allow for a ‘planned’ seamless transition. There were changes to the code base in this transfer since I am on a different host, so please let me know if you see any problems.
- FunMayhem.com is under construction and is awaiting its’ awakening.

A little about me. My name is Greg Moore. I have been in and out of the game industry for 30+ years (Play by mail, board games, computer games, web games). For the last 2-3 years I have been working with the New Worlds Engine. You might know me from the old forums as ‘gmoore’ but I’ve been a lurker in the current ones. I live in New York, USA (Go Bills). I am married with two high school age children. My day job is in clinical informatics (just a fancy term for Information Technology for healthcare). I have worked for Microsoft, ADP, AT&T, BellSouth, Peachtree Software and a large handful of consultant companies.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Alain for his hard work and devotion to this product as well as the community over the years.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me:
gmoore@funmayhem.com.

Thank you!
Greg Moore
FunMayhem.com / nwe.funmayhem.com / nw-engine.com

Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.
Michael Jordan
Running a game is like riding a bike ... well it should be!

New Worlds Engine / FunMayhem.com
Helping you get your game concept up and running. Now.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: New Worlds Engine Announcement

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Wow interesting news! Please keep us updated. The engine is more than welcome to have a section here as long as you wish to keep them here but at the same time we understand if you eventually want to move them.
gmoore

Post by gmoore »

I would like to keep the section here if you don't mind. Our local forums will take a while to flesh out. A lot of this is really in the planning stage.

Thanx!
Greg

Sim

Post by Sim »

Congrads on the purchase.
oRPG Creator - Make Your Own Browser Game
oRPG Creator on Facebook
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

I can testify that Greg Moore bought the software license and the site from me. It doesn't mean I will fully disappear but it will mean he's the new owner and the new responsible of the project. I will remain as consultant for the time being.

As far as I can tell the new site works as it should.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

Interesting news, indeed. I've always wanted to do more with this engine (just did a few test projects so far) but never found the time. Congrats on the sale, and hope the engine stays around for a good, long time :)
GameMaster

Post by GameMaster »

Gmoore, sent you an Email, please check it when you have a chance. I modified a lot of the current script. I hope whatever you do will make transition easier and modifications more integrated.
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Awesome to hear!!

gmoore

Post by gmoore »

Thank you for all the emails and postings. Still sorting through everything.

Greg

SophieEV

Post by SophieEV »

Congratulations, I had a suspicion this would happen which is why I requested my credits to be paid out, sadly that never materialised, nevermind

good luck with the project :)

Return to “General”