Best Windows VPS

A topic built around all the best posts and information from the site. It includes informative posts, links to resources, tips, tricks, ect... Do not post here unless it will become a resource based post.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Best Windows VPS

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Anyone have any suggestions?

Basically will be using it as a PC to remote into and might run a website off of it but mainly remoting into it from my phone.
Xaleph

Re: Best Windows VPS

Post by Xaleph »

You could just use your personal PC to do just that. Install a server VPN on your home PC and access it from your phone. All you need to do is,in case you want to run a website, go to a DNS server and register your domain/ip there.

If you want a remote host though, I recommend Digital Ocean, it has cheap VPS servers and you install your own OS on it I think? Not sure, i`m from the Netherlands, we have Transip which basically allows you to host your own OS on a VPS, but I reckon DigitalOcean offers the same. DigiOcean is quite cheap as well I think. However, don`t forget you have to pay license fees for windows.

You could always install a linux distro and run a gui on that ( Debian + ( Wayland or KDE ) = quite nice and cheap ( free ) and stable )
Kevin1230

Re: Best Windows VPS

Post by Kevin1230 »

You won't find a better one than PhotonVPS, provider of windows vps, with 30-day money back guarantee as well (they are a registered company): http://www.photonvps.com at just $10 for 512mb.

I don't think digital ocean provides windows vps's, but I may be wrong.

Return to “Resources”