Warning to the Time Share people

Indie-Resource announcements, news and any site discussion.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Warning to the Time Share people

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

There has been a few of you come from same 2 IPs that post relevant but very oblique posts. You have the same time share signature. Either start posting relevant posts and become part of the community or remove your links on your profile. If you fail to comply I will ban all of you and block your IPs among a few other things not related to these forums that could make your future endeavors in spamming(if that is what you are doing) very difficult on PHPBB forums.
Jackolantern

Re: Warning to the Time Share people

Post by Jackolantern »

Amen!

But I doubt we are going to see compliance :P
The indelible lord of tl;dr
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

May I ask why are you even warning this scum?
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

Yeah I have seen a few of these guys around and can't quite tell if it's spam or not because they are pretty smart spammers. We have one in particular that is real good since he talks about going to school for graphic design and getting into the development world but working for a timeshare attorney lol I'm just waiting for him to slip
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

vitinho444 wrote:May I ask why are you even warning this scum?
Remember we are a good community.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

vitinho444 wrote:May I ask why are you even warning this scum?
These posters have been kind of confusing to us, because they appear to be people somewhat reading the posts and responding. They definitely aren't bots. I think Halls is just giving a warning that people only here to advertise something completely non-game related won't be tolerated, but if they actually want to be a part of the community, they are welcome if they remove the signatures.
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Oh okay, I got it.
We are a good community but for people that are into the community.. What if they want to make a time-share game? :D
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

No problems there, but...not sure if that would be a great game lol. Maybe an adventure game where you have to go to increasingly more pressure-filled pitches and have to resist the temptation to buy?
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

haha watch your stamina bar drop!
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Hmm...this actually kind of gave me an idea for a real game. It would be a weird concept game, because it wouldn't be fun. It would take a TON of writing, but basically, you would have to watch dry, boring time share pitches. The only way to make it stop is to give in and buy. It would be more of a game where you see how long you can last. Each set of text would have to be displayed for as long as it would take to say before it can be skipped. Maybe to keep people on their toes, you have to be ready to do some quick-time-events when they suddenly slash the price to keep your resolve from depleting and being forced to buy. You would need hours of text to make it work though, which would not be easy to write. That would likely end up being about 200 or 300+ pages of solid text.

Return to “Announcements and Site Discussion”