Interesting thread about VAT for microtransactions

A topic built around all the best posts and information from the site. It includes informative posts, links to resources, tips, tricks, ect... Do not post here unless it will become a resource based post.
Jackolantern

Interesting thread about VAT for microtransactions

Post by Jackolantern »

For those who don't know (and are probably in the US), VAT is a fairly high tax charged in the EU. Apparently, they are bringing down the whip on VAT charges for microtransactions to European users. It is still gray area if you are a US game selling in-game products to Europeans and you can basically decide if you are going to comply or not, but it is clear-cut for a European game selling to Europeans (you need to be charging VAT). The law was not clear before, but it has been adjusted to ensure VAT applies to digital purchases.

Here is an interesting thread from VPS talking about it.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Chris

Re: Interesting thread about VAT for microtransactions

Post by Chris »

Oh god. Soon they'll be taxing the very air we breathe. Screw fiat, screw capitalism, I'm moving to Thailand.
Fighting for peace is declaring war on war. If you want peace be peaceful.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Chris wrote:Oh god. Soon they'll be taxing the very air we breathe. Screw fiat, screw capitalism, I'm moving to Thailand.
Just don't insult the monarchy! That can get you life in prison!
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Epiales

Post by Epiales »

Chris wrote:Oh god. Soon they'll be taxing the very air we breathe. Screw fiat, screw capitalism, I'm moving to Thailand.
I've said that for years. Eventually, I personally believe they will make us pay a yearly charge or something for just existing :roll: :roll:
Nothing fancy, but a work in progress!

http://gameplaytoday.net

Return to “Resources”