Cryengine 3

Neo-Axis, Torque, 3D GameStudio, DarkBasic, Blitz3d, ect...
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Cryengine 3

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

i thought the same thing. No way that is running on a Xbox360. If so then they are only showing the parts that "can" run on the 360.
D3luxe

Post by D3luxe »

I watched some other videos that showcased CE3 running on a PS3...needless to say, it looked nothing like that video. The clipping distance, the detail, everything is ramped down so dramatically that it doesn't look near that video.
Adobe Photoshop CS4/Illustrator CS4
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (2.8ghz)
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I am honestly wondering how the next generation of game consoles is going to go. Can there be a proper next generation? Video card technology is still moving forward (although more slowly than before), even though CPU technology has grown mostly stagnant (just throw more CPUs on the motherboard, even if we can't make each one faster). In about another year or two we will be in the normal range of time to start hearing about the next systems. But can they deliver enough of a jump in technology to warrant the prices? Typically, each new generation of game console has completely trumped the previous, offering at least a 2x jump in processing power, but I don't think that will be possible for the next systems. Even is a system comes out that can display CE2-quality graphics (and I don't know how that would be possible to fit into a console case for even $600, not even in the next 2 years), I don't think you could call that as dramatic a leap from PS1 to PS2 to PS3. I guess we will have to wait and see.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

I agree 100% and have been thinking the same thing. i think thats why there has been so many new games and controllers released on the current systems. Like Project Natal. I figured that would a next console feature but its coming out on 360. I have not seen graphics improve to make another console. At least not like PS1 to PS2 and PS2 to PS3 or even the difference from xbox to xbox 360. What I think they will shoot for is controller and features and not graphics.
neronix17

Post by neronix17 »

Doesnt matter to us indie developers anyway, can only get cryengine 3 if you are part of a big fancy company. Buttholes :evil:
This isnt just a gimp mask...This is an S&M gimp mask...
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I know the dates kind of lined up, but..this thread is over a year old :P Halls was talking about "Project Natal" up there, and now he is talking about owning an "Xbox Kinect" lol
The indelible lord of tl;dr
neronix17

Post by neronix17 »

Hehe, I know, just saying, I'd of loved to use the cryengine, was just posting saying what i found out the other day looking into it and happened to look into this thread about it, I own kinect, although I stupidly pre-ordered from play.com and got the new xbox with it, but released today? not with play.com its not, im still waiting and pretty *beeeeeeeep* off about it too. Already got a draft abuse-mail ready to send when I get it lol
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

ah that sucks. I will play extra just for you :)

i actually just bought Red Dead Redemption. Gonna play that for a bit.
neronix17

Post by neronix17 »

red dead is great, im trying to scrounge enough money to get the zombie pack for it, supposedly only dynamite and shots to the head kill them! whats your gamertag btw?
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

no,any shot kills them but it is like an entirely new game. You can hunt sasquashes and undead bears and all kinds o stuff.

gamertag: the games guild

Return to “3d Engines”