Death to Conversion!

C++, C#, Java, PHP, ect...
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Death to Conversion!

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Anyone else get frustrated at VS intellisense on how we use Convert 1000x more than conversion yet conversion always comes up all the way until you type convert or hit the down arrow. Ugh..../Rant off
LNitewing

Re: Death to Conversion!

Post by LNitewing »

I agree, Intellisense does get frustrating to use at times. :P I generally find though that the benefits of using it outweighs the annoyances most of the time.
Sanity is vastly overrated!
Twitter: @LNitewing (Personal Account), @NitewingGaming (for general development progress and stuff), @NiziniaGame (for specific updates on FKoN).
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

agreed!
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

Indeed some time it annoys me. But I gain so much more than I can't really complain. I mean, for me it would be impossible to remember all the .NET class library, and without intellisense that is what I would need to do. So even if some times it's quite stupid most of the time it's really helpful.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Isn't there a way to change that? I know it could be fairly ugly, but I think there are some XML files buried somewhere that can be edited. I think I came across how to do it one day when I was trying to change the default templates, and ended up messing around in a field of XML files that I believe contained it.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

You can add snippets (code which will appear in the intellisense), but I doubt you can say which class can appear there and which not.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Hmm...maybe not then. But there is a ton of stuff that you can change without documentation if you dig into the VS files.

Halls, do you have most recently used turned on? I think that is only for the same IDE session, but at least you won't have to mess with it twice in the same day.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Nice thanks!

Return to “Coding”