Epocu – a free and easy way to hype upcoming games

A topic built around all the best posts and information from the site. It includes informative posts, links to resources, tips, tricks, ect... Do not post here unless it will become a resource based post.
Epocu

Epocu – a free and easy way to hype upcoming games

Post by Epocu »

Hey guys,
We're a small danish company called Kunju Studios who love games and have previously worked on tools for gamers and game developers.

Over the past months we have been working on a way to put the work and ideas of indie game developers in the spotlight. What we’ve come up with is Epocu.
1.jpg
Envisioned to be a hub for upcoming games and game concepts, Epocu offers developers a unique opportunity to test their ideas and assumptions before investing time in it. Upon presenting the idea, developers can set up the interest goal to see if they can achieve the critical mass of people interested in their game concept. Once the interest goal you set up is achieved, a message of your choice will be shared through the social media of your supporters at the time you think you would benefit most from the buzz and attention it deserves.
2.jpg
We hope you will check it out and help us make the platform that the indie game development deserves. Epocu is completely free to use and it always will be, in hopes that the attention created helps you find investors, a fanbase as well as lay down a solid foundation for a kickstarter campaign.

If you’re interested to learn more about us, you can check it out in more detail here. http://epocu.com

Feel free to leave us your feedback or suggestions in the comments; we will do our best to answer you as soon as possible! :-)
Xaos

Re: Epocu – a free and easy way to hype upcoming games

Post by Xaos »

I saw this on another forum and I asked him to post it here as well. I'm really interested in it and I think it could be a great resource for many of us, including myself!
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

So it is kind of like a Kickstarter site, but instead of asking for money, you are trying to attract people interested in the project? If so, that is pretty interesting. I have heard of a few game devs who went to Kickstarter just to try to get some visibility, when they didn't even really need the money. So this may have a real place :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

It's basically a prequel to Kickstarter/IndieGoGo. I think it has a great place in the market. I'm even going to put my game up there soon.
Epocu

Post by Epocu »

Jackolantern wrote:So it is kind of like a Kickstarter site, but instead of asking for money, you are trying to attract people interested in the project? If so, that is pretty interesting. I have heard of a few game devs who went to Kickstarter just to try to get some visibility, when they didn't even really need the money. So this may have a real place :)
Exactly! Instead of getting paid with money, you get paid with social shares, so it cost people nothing to help you get attention!
I'm glad to hear you find it useful, we would love if you gave it a try! :-)

Regards
The Epocu team
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

This is very kewl. Thanks for sharing it here
Sim

Post by Sim »

This program looks awesome. I am going to download it.
Jackolantern wrote:I have heard of a few game devs who went to Kickstarter just to try to get some visibility, when they didn't even really need the money. So this may have a real place :)

lol, not a bad idea..
oRPG Creator - Make Your Own Browser Game
oRPG Creator on Facebook

Return to “Resources”