A SEO forum?

Indie-Resource announcements, news and any site discussion.
Losdivinos

A SEO forum?

Post by Losdivinos »

I see, that this is a hardcore game development forum and that is one of the things that I love about it. The fact, that it is so focused on the actual development and learning is awesome, and I think it should be kept that way.
But at the same time I think it is a shame...
I have seen amazing games being developed here as well as interesting versions of hall's open source game from the tutorials (which is how I learned programming in the first place). The fact, that the development is only half the job can't be ignored. I would love to see a SEO forum or subfrom on this board. I am sure that newcomers as well as veteran developers would have an amazing opportunity to teach and learn each others how to actually promote our games. Has this ever even been talked through here on the forum? I am sure everyone would enjoy having a successfully running game just as much as the learning & development-curve.
Hope this made my point. :P
Ask me anything about SEO & Marketing.
SpiritWebb

Re: A SEO forum?

Post by SpiritWebb »

As far as I know, there has been no talk about that point Los. I think I am in agreement with you on that.

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

"SEO" specifically may be a bit too specific considering how SEO is really something of a dark and mysterious magic, but perhaps a more general "Game and Website Promotion" forum (which would encompass SEO) could work. We have had a lot of conversation lately along these lines, and devs commenting that few people are checking out their games.

I will see what Halls thinks about it :cool:
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Xaos

Post by Xaos »

Jackolantern wrote:"SEO" specifically may be a bit too specific considering how SEO is really something of a dark and mysterious magic, but perhaps a more general "Game and Website Promotion" forum (which would encompass SEO) could work. We have had a lot of conversation lately along these lines, and devs commenting that few people are checking out their games.

I'd be down with a "promotion" forum in which we could talk about promotion strategies and the like. It is extremely important to Indie dev, afterall.
Losdivinos

Post by Losdivinos »

Jackolantern wrote:"SEO" specifically may be a bit too specific considering how SEO is really something of a dark and mysterious magic, but perhaps a more general "Game and Website Promotion" forum (which would encompass SEO) could work. We have had a lot of conversation lately along these lines, and devs commenting that few people are checking out their games.

Yeah, that was exactly what I meant. Guess I didn't choose the best fitting term with just "SEO". :lol:
Ask me anything about SEO & Marketing.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Done. I also cleaned up some other topics to shrink down the size.

Thanks all.

Return to “Announcements and Site Discussion”