Migration and Downtime alert

Indie-Resource announcements, news and any site discussion.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Migration and Downtime alert

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Just got this email from asmallorange so if you see the site down on the 29th don't "fret".
Hello,

We wanted to let you know that we'll be performing a migration of all accounts residing on bacon.asmallorange.com on Tuesday, April 29th. The accounts will be migrated over to a server in our Dallas facility, which is a newer server with much better performance and increased reliability.

If you're currently using our DNS service for your domains you won't have to make any changes to your account. Your domains will automatically be pointed to the new IP addresses. Depending on how fast DNS propagation takes place, which is dependent on your ISP and the DNS resolvers you're using, you may experience a few hours of downtime at the most.

Once the migrations have been performed you may see a page on your website noting that 'This account has been moved.' Don't fret! This just means that your account has been migrated to a new server. When you see this message displaying on your domains, go ahead and log in to cPanel on the new server and check the IP address for your domain.

Your new server will have a different hostname, so if you're using SMTP and POP/IMAP over SSL and have the server's hostname set up as your mail servers, you will have to change the mail servers to your new hostname once your site has been migrated. If you're using your server's hostname for FTP host instead of your domain name you will also have to change the mail servers to your new hostname after migration.
SpiritWebb

Re: Migration and Downtime alert

Post by SpiritWebb »

Thanks for the update!

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I think the most important take-away from all of this is that we are on the "bacon" server :D
The indelible lord of tl;dr
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Jackolantern wrote:I think the most important take-away from all of this is that we are on the "bacon" server :D
I also noticed that ahaha BACON <3
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

nothing less for my friends.

Return to “Announcements and Site Discussion”