Hallsoxel

Have a project in the works but not much media? How about an idea you are turning into a project? Maybe a game design document you want to start with. This is the place.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Hallsoxel

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Working with Threejs and voxel for 3d minecraft through the browser. This is not my main 3d project. Was just toying around with voxel. Look down with mouse as u are looking up when it loads. WASD to move around.

http://hallsofvallhalla.com/
Sharlenwar

Re: Hallsoxel

Post by Sharlenwar »

Amazing! You going to release code? In my mind you should.
Deep within the Void of Quasion, a creation.

**My Corner of the Web**
***NEW***GrindFest - My own PHP/MySQL game!
Sharlenwar's Adventures
Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

He uses http://threejs.org/ which have examples of those cubes world.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

yep and voxeljs has the same.

http://voxeljs.com/#gallery

I did not use any one source as so many of them are a absolute pain to get working but I did follow a tutorial on there and even then it was a royal pain. I just noticed it is placing everyone on top of the world. It is suppose to put you in the center as I had some kewl stuff in there. I will fix.
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

BTW it doesn't work all that well with IE 11. Yes there is the 3D, but... the mouse movement is basically not working and there is some odd line effects while redrawing. This is one of the reasons which keeps me away of WebGL: it's way too immature in my opinion to make a good game (more than simply a demo that's it). The other reason is that knowing how much effort is involved in making a (simple?) 2D game, making it 3D is yet more work. Sure I could reuse some of my code, like the world generation, monster logic, and much more, however the handling of the 3D would create a lot more to do, and the art is yet on another level again. I don't feel I have the skills / power to do it. But good luck hall, I'm impatient to see if you manage to make something cool with it.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

I 100% agree with you. I think this is more of a play around thing.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Weren't you trying CopperLicht out at one point? Did that not go well?

Btw, this is very cool! I always love jumping off the world in stuff like this and then turning up to look at the world flying away haha.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Copperlicht is pretty kewl. The main problem with it is it makes heavy use of CopperCube the world editor and there is no tutorials showing how to set up scenes and such outside of that editor.
Sharlenwar

Post by Sharlenwar »

Awesome, those are some cool links! Just what I was looking for! Do we have a technology post displaying links to the various sites in a nice post? Usually that crap is dispersed throughout the site and would be nice to have a single post to look through with links to the various parts of the forums if necessary.

Thanks again!
Deep within the Void of Quasion, a creation.

**My Corner of the Web**
***NEW***GrindFest - My own PHP/MySQL game!
Sharlenwar's Adventures
Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG
Cayle

Post by Cayle »

That looks pretty cool. Very Sauerbraten/Minecrafty, right up to the moment when fell off the world. :mrgreen:

Return to “Project Showoff Tier I”