Cubicverse needs you!

Looking for a team? Need some team members?
a_bertrand

Cubicverse needs you!

Post by a_bertrand »

Cubicverse for those which just joined after the advertisement, lived under a rock, or like 99.9999999% of the population never saw it, is my latest project. The end goal of the project is to bring a full multi player online role playing game running right in your browser without any plugin. A full game, with load of art, (currently isometric), a full 3D world, of infinite size, with a lot to explore, monsters to battle, and much much more.

More description here: http://www.indiedb.com/games/cubicverse
Game here: http://www.cubicverse.com

We delivered the first "early access" release a couple of weeks ago, with enough content to keep you busy.... a couple of days. Yet, we need a lot more content, and my quests writers would benefit from the help of volunteers sharing ideas for stories / quests / missions. Volunteers you say? Yes, as for the moment nobody (not even me) is being payed for this work. Later on, once the game will have more content we will switch on the premium membership, and then we may have some money flowing. So if you participate in a significant way, we will have a share in it. I do also have a budget for "out sourcing" work, but here I would like to have a long term collaboration and would like to avoid a discussion like "I wrote you 10 quests in 2 min, please give me my 100$". Don't get me wrong, if you work you will gain something ;)

So what do we need exactly? Well, I could be happy with any help, so if you are willing to help in any way, I would be happy, but the most urgent is to write down stories to fill the game with some nice quests. You don't need to have ANY technical skill, as I do have people willing to implement them, just need them on paper or electronic format, such that we can take the story and make it run within the game. On the other side, if you want to code the story yourself, it's also possible.

Are you interested? Please contact me, either here, on the game, or via email (bertrand@nodalideas.com).
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Cubicverse needs you!

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I am a big fan of this game and the work that has been put in to it so if anyone out there is needing some free hosting I will give you hosting for helping this project.
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

Thanks hall, but:
- It's not a simple hosting (node.js, socket.io, some cron, MongoDB etc...)
- I already have a dedicated server which I use for all my projects... so no real need.

But again thanks hall ;) I really appreciate your support.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

no that is not what I meant. If any developers are looking for a host and are willing to help you I will give them hosting.
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

I really wish i could help, but im a working monkey not the type of guy that is original or creative.. (I wouldn't help just for halls host ofc).
I hope you find someone because it looks a beast game already :D
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

MikuzA

Post by MikuzA »

Cheers a_bertrand!

I always have some quest-ideas I could invent, however. I'll play around the game first and see if I get some ideas.
Played a lot Ultima Online on freeshards, so seen alot of various interesting quests / excitement people liked.

Hosted a few myself at some point when I was a GM on a freeshard.

But I'll be in touch If my inspiration flows through your creation :)

EDIT:
Oh, and I do my stuff for free.
Last edited by MikuzA on Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why so serious?

Business Intelligence, Data Engineering, Data Mining
PHP, HTML, JavaScript, Bash/KornShell, Python, C#, PL/SQL
MySQL, DB2, Oracle, Snowflake
Pentaho, DataStage, Matillion, Unity3D, Blender
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

Would be great! Thanks!

Return to “Recruitment”