which is best to use?

C++, C#, Java, PHP, ect...
Violation

which is best to use?

Post by Violation »

what is best for a navigation?

Bootstrap through an index.html or index.php file

or

php coding + css with an header.php being connected through an index file.

I will want to add account options on their at some point as well. but is bootstrap just as good as an php source code?
Jackolantern

Re: which is best to use?

Post by Jackolantern »

While I have not used Bootstrap, if the question is whether to use a JS option or code it in PHP, I would go JS every time. You can load Bootstrap in through a CDN so most users will have it cached (no bandwidth overhead for most users), and it also unloads needless processing from your web server onto the users. So if Bootstrap or another JS library can meet the needs of something you would otherwise do in PHP, and there are no security concerns, definitely unload it to JS.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Violation

Post by Violation »

are their any good tutorials for javascript navigation bar's from like step 1 and forward, as I have been all over google and no site can give a good tutorial. this is the only site where I know that staff and members help out. so If you could help me out please this would be fantastic.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I mentioned it in PM, but I will put it here for future reference: I would drop Bootstrap until you get more experience with JS, and pick up jQuery instead. jQuery is so helpful and is used on almost every site today. Here is a list of jQuery tutorials for a ton of different types of nav bars :cool:
Violation

Post by Violation »

what do you think would be best to use then?
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

If something can be done in JS that can be done with PHP, use JS (less processing for you on the server).

If something can be done with only CSS that can be done with JS, use CSS (less memory and CPU usage on the user's browser).

Of course, these are not interchangeable, and you will find their purposes only overlap in a few places. They all play their own part.
Violation

Post by Violation »

Thank you I value your opinion. I will use Javascript and CSS

Return to “Coding”