Module Report Bug

General Chat, Comments
cyborg

Module Report Bug

Post by cyborg »

Hi,

I have to say that I'm loving this engine, and the modules that already available, and I'm aware of the fantastic support it gets, and that's the reason (well one of many) I decided to use NWE.

I've discovered a bug with a module, and I wondered if there was a method of reporting these on the NWE website? Or is it best to post a comment of the module.

Thanks in advance
a_bertrand

Re: Module Report Bug

Post by a_bertrand »

If it's an official module, the best bet is the forums ;)
For 3rd party, try to post here, if it fails I may try to contact the author.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
cyborg

Post by cyborg »

Okay thanks, :D

Well the bug is with a third party module the 'Player Notepad'. I'm not really tried it yet, don't get any messages as standard. However, that changes as soon as you go into 'Enable Text Editor' mode, it throws up an arguments error, too few if I recall. I shall edit this post later tonight with the exact error.
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

a_bertrand wrote:If it's an official module, the best bet is the forums ;)
For 3rd party, try to post here, if it fails I may try to contact the author.
Since this is now the official forum for NWE pretty much everything goes here including current module issues. Now, with that being said, try to be as curtious as possible in regards to the module creator. Now I'm not saying don't put them on blast but if its a paid module I wouldn't recommend posting up source code but maybe just a snippet of your problem.

Also, if its one of my modules free or paid feel free to post about it here but also I have some ways to reach me in my signature and we can work out the problem together in real time then I can submit the patch if a patch is required.

FYI: i will request a screenshot of your license for a paid module of mine, not saying its a bunk license but just in case.
And this reminds me, I have known issues with my lotto mod si I should disable it because I currently do not have time to work on it because of school and I may be on a month long jury duty. So sorry if you have that module and you run into issues
cyborg

Post by cyborg »

I completely understand mate, and wouldn't put the whole code even for a free, just the line that effected but understand where you're coming from.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

post your error and the lines of code the error is around and someone will take a look.
cyborg

Post by cyborg »

This is the error

Code: Select all

Error: vsprintf(): Too few arguments
Error in ".../libs/common.php"
Line 194
Error in ...\libs\common.php
Line 194
Error in...\libs\template.php
Line 30
Error in ...\modules\player_notepad\home_special.php
Line 7
Error in ...\libs\hooks.php
Line 41
Error in ...\modules\home\content.php
Line 10
Error in ...\libs\common.php
Line 554
Error in ...\index.php
Line 328
Not actually sure which file to extract lines from.
KyleMassacre

Post by KyleMassacre »

it is probably in the player_notepad module. And judging by the error for a vsprintf error chances are you have a Translate() with with some string placeholders or whatever they are called for example:

Translate("Hello %s, how are you today which is %s", $username);
I have 2 place holders in the Translate function but only 1 argument. Or it could be the other way around where you have like 2 arguments and one placeholder. Most likely the first example though.
MrDJK

Post by MrDJK »

Have you modified the module or the translations? I ask as it seems on a clean install the module "player_notepad" works fine.
cyborg

Post by cyborg »

No I've not made any changes as of yet.

The line of code is:

TableHeader( Translate('My Notes') );

Return to “General”