Model Sketchbook

Models, Sprites, Concept, ect...
D3luxe

Model Sketchbook

Post by D3luxe »

Since I'm gonna be doing plenty of small projects for my classes I figured I'd make a thread dedicated to those. I'll be posting up all of the models and whatever I happen to do/make in class.

First up is a photo-copy of a couch..We were given a reference image of a leather couch and had to recreate it as close as possible, minus textures.

We had a 5000 poly limit - this is only roughly 1000. I may go back to define more details in the pillows, but other than that it's done. It's due tuesday but I have another model I want to finish before tomorrow since I won't be able to work on them this weekend.

So, here's the couch:

Next we have to make a realistic copy of a TV..I'll have that up in a couple hours. Then maybe I can get some more work done on the Scirocco/mad scientist before I leave tomorrow.
Adobe Photoshop CS4/Illustrator CS4
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (2.8ghz)
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
D3luxe

Re: Model Sketchbook

Post by D3luxe »

Here's the TV so far. Still have a bit to do on it, especially optimizing the fucked up faces, but this is it so far. About 2 hours in this at this point.

EDIT: Reuploaded the pics with new renders to fix the butchered shadows..much better now
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Neat...now put them together! Very nice!! :)

D3luxe

Post by D3luxe »

Heh, thanks. I'll put together a little scene when I get a minute later.

First, here's a couple more renders of the updated TV.

Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
D3luxe

Post by D3luxe »

Here's the final versions of the couch and TV that I had to turn in today. Our next project is to take pictures of our living room and recreate it in 3D, so I should have some progress of that up a little later.

Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

these are all very good, i have a space in my bedroom for that TV. I will send you my address to have it shipped :)
D3luxe

Post by D3luxe »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:these are all very good, i have a space in my bedroom for that TV. I will send you my address to have it shipped :)
Hehe, will do! :P

So, as I mentioned before about the living room..Here's the first progress shot. And yes, my table is that boring, and that couch is actually as uncomfortable as it looks modeled out. :lol:
*note, I'm just kidding. I'm gonna be reworking the cushions, just didn't have time tonight.*

Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

i dont know, that couch looks pretty comfortable.
D3luxe

Post by D3luxe »

To get those materials I was using Mentalray on the couch/table..The only thing was I couldn't get hte lighting looking good with Mentalray, so I decided to go with the default renderer and just a gray clay material.

Imo this turned out pretty decent..Mostly everything was modelled just from one reference image which I'm pretty happy about, I didn't need blueprints or anything to get everything close to size. I like it though :)

Sorry about no WIP's on this, I kinda procrastinated and waited until tonight to finish it (it's due in 7 hours, it's currently 1:30am) and was more worried about finishing it than getting WIP's up.

SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

I really like that last one, even if there are no textures or color...that looks FANTASTIC

Return to “Art Showoff”