Welcome to the forum for New Worlds Engine

General Chat, Comments
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Welcome to the forum for New Worlds Engine

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

a_betrand, the creator of the New Worlds Engine has asked to move the forums here and I think it is a great idea. http://www.nw-engine.com/

The engine is based on what started these forums in the beginning and I think it will bring more like minded people and create many more stimulating conversations.
vitinho444

Re: Welcome to the forum for New Worlds Engine

Post by vitinho444 »

Alain is very talented! Nice engine he has there! Keep up the good work!
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

Thanks. I the coming days I will make some essential posts like FAQ and others, and please don't purchase it right now if you really want so, as I will make a special deal soon enough.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
Lithium

Post by Lithium »

vitinho444 wrote:Alain is very talented! Nice engine he has there! Keep up the good work!
Maybe, just maybe that is true, though a really old fart! :)

Cheers a_b, I'm here to stalk you ;)
@vitinho44: Cheers from another Tuga! ;)

Code: Select all

You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you are all the same!
[/size]
Faz

Post by Faz »

Have purchased this engine myself, would recommend it ;)
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I will say I just downloaded it yesterday when a_betrand mentioned adding these forums here and WOW I am super impressed. This is far above my expectations and anything else I have seen. Once he releases the special deal I advise everyone to pick it up.

I should have some video tutorials on it shortly which will help show its ease of use and power.
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Lithium wrote:
vitinho444 wrote:Alain is very talented! Nice engine he has there! Keep up the good work!
Maybe, just maybe that is true, though a really old fart! :)

Cheers a_b, I'm here to stalk you ;)
@vitinho44: Cheers from another Tuga! ;)
Nice to know Portugal is well represented here.. Maybe one day we will be the 5000th most visited website in Portugal huh halls?
hallsofvallhalla wrote:I will say I just downloaded it yesterday when a_betrand mentioned adding these forums here and WOW I am super impressed. This is far above my expectations and anything else I have seen. Once he releases the special deal I advise everyone to pick it up.

I should have some video tutorials on it shortly which will help show its ease of use and power.
I'm considering buying it since i always wanted to build a browser based game, but i don't know if i will try first to build my own from scratch, won't be that good ofc, but i will learn more i guess.

Alain rules :)

a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

Doing by your own will have the advantage to do exactly what you plan to do (if you manage to code it that's it), and may be smaller than a generic engine. However you may not discover some of the tricks others may have implemented in their engine. NWE was designed since day 1 as a modular engine, where basically each and every feature is handled by a module and not the core engine. This has the advantage to be able to change all the features just by changing that particular module, but it also increase a bit the complexity.

I would suggest you to check the free version, to see a bit the base idea... and see for example how modules are completely separated, how the admin panels handle all the normal admin tasks like editing some tables or changing some config values.

I would not say that nobody can come with something better, but watching at other people code, may actually teach you a lot of things and faster than if you would need to discover those concept by yourself.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Yeah you're right ahaha :)

I might check the free version one day before starting to develop my game, but that's in a long future since im more into 3D now :)

Thanks for everything.

Return to “General”