Are you with GoDaddy?

Indie-Resource announcements, news and any site discussion.
Chromeozone

Are you with GoDaddy?

Post by Chromeozone »

Hey,
Tonight I read some truly disturbing and heart-breaking news regarding GoDaddy CEO, Robert Parsons is actually an animal killer.

I read one of the reports about this, and he actually said he can't wait to go again, now this may seem petty but if you are a GoDaddy supporter then I have 0 interests in any of your projects, websites because your basically paying for him to go and do this.

In 2012 Parsons was denounced by animal rights groups for tweeting a video in which he shoots and kills an elephant in Zimbabwe.[10] In response, Parsons explained, "The tribal authorities requested that I and others like me patrol the fields before and during the harvest."[11] PETA said that it would close its account with Go Daddy and urged others to do the same.[12] Parsons said in response that by shooting leopards and elephants that he has been helping the local population. He has also stated that he believes the opposition to him only exists within small organizations who are not his customers.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Are you with GoDaddy?

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

while I understand your concern lets not get political with this. I for one am not against shooting animals as I eat meat however I am against shooting animals for fun or game as well as killing any animal that is endangered.

If you want to see some truly disturbing stuff watch how chickens are treated. Drives me nuts that pita won't stand up for that. Male chicks are thrown in grinders live and no one seems to care. Pita has its own "issues" internally that does not help their cause.

Now back to godaddy. I left them ages ago and to prove my hatred for them enter "why not to use godaddy" in youtube search and see what the first video that comes up is :)
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Yeah, I won't really comment on the CEO, as it is very old news, but GoDaddy stinks anyway. They essentially have become the Walmart or McDonalds of hosting. They have grown far too large to really offer anyone a quality product, and yet they get the bulk of new accounts because their brand awareness is the highest and people don't know where else to go. Every time I see those high-end ads all over the Super Bowl commercials, I always stop and think about who exactly is paying for those. I think we all know the answer to that.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Last Known Hero

Post by Last Known Hero »

What's a good host to use for someone who wants to distribute files, and maybe use some sql? Needs to be cheap (student) but reliable
Power3DArt

-Current Project: Fault [Pre-Alpha]
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I think Halls has been pretty happy with A Small Orange, and the forum has been running better than it ever did before. He may even have an account he can resell you (I know at one time at least he had a reseller account).
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

yep i got some room left, pm me

Return to “Announcements and Site Discussion”