3D Model - Volkswagen Scirocco

Models, Sprites, Concept, ect...
D3luxe

3D Model - Volkswagen Scirocco

Post by D3luxe »

Now this one, a little different than the mustang, I havn't finished yet..but I figured I'd post up a couple renders to see what you guys think so far. I needed a break from modelling and what-not so I decided to do a couple beauty renders. It's an ooold car, 1976 model. I dunno why I just kinda liked it, so i modelled it out, lol.

It's getting pretty close to done..Gotta model the underbody, the mirrors, and then do the rear end, but other than that it's close to finished. Doors/bumpers/hood/roof/etc are all detachable. This one's been a piece of cake compared to the mustang. This has only taken probably 4 hours of work so far, with most likely 2-3 more. The mustang took about 12h total..damn.

I made an oops when I first started this though..Wasn't watching my polys for a while. I had the hood/roof/and half the car done...and looked at my poly count. 47k. with less than half a car. I realized that I had a shiiiitload on my hood, but especially on the windshield and roof. There were a rediculous amount of loops that I cleaned up. When I optimized it, it came down to roughly 4.7k, 1/10th of the polys, heh. Since then I've added the tires (Which I just coped over from the mustang for now, I'm gonna do custom rims for this one eventually but wanted to throw some in for the heck of it), the grill/front lights/trim around the door/etc. It's currently sitting at 23k polys.

I kinda want to try something reallly slick when I'm done with this..like an audi or porsche or something. We'll see, still have a couple hours to go on this. Anyone have any suggestions?

Adobe Photoshop CS4/Illustrator CS4
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 (2.8ghz)
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: 3D Model - Volkswagen Scirocco

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

:o
D3luxe

Post by D3luxe »

hallsofvallhalla wrote::o
lol, I'm hoping that's good? :P

Idk I'm happier with how the mustang turned out, but thats probably also cause it took nearly double the time and the actual car is sweeter than a scirocco.

I'm trying my hand at using a wacom tablet + 3DS Max though..I've always used a mouse, but a few industry guys I've been talking to have all said they use a tablet. One of them doesn't even remember the last time he used a mouse, lol. It is kinda awkward and is gonna take some getting used to, but I actually really like it..easier than the mouse, I think.
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
Perry

Post by Perry »

Hot car :!: :!: If you really want a suggestion i would recommend this: http://www.sportscarcup.com/porsche-car ... arrera-gt/ mainly because that is an amazing car. that or a ford gt
D3luxe

Post by D3luxe »

hmm, the carrera gt might be out of my level a bit..thats a pretty insane car, and I'd hate to fuck it up, lol. Definite possiblity though.
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
Perry

Post by Perry »

D3luxe wrote:hmm, the carrera gt might be out of my level a bit..thats a pretty insane car, and I'd hate to fuck it up, lol. Definite possiblity though.
I don't know you are pretty good. :D I bet after a few more you will be able to make it.
D3luxe

Post by D3luxe »

Perry wrote:
D3luxe wrote:hmm, the carrera gt might be out of my level a bit..thats a pretty insane car, and I'd hate to fuck it up, lol. Definite possiblity though.
I don't know you are pretty good. :D I bet after a few more you will be able to make it.
Heh thank you :)

That's what I was thinking actually..It's definitely in my list of cars to do, but I think I need a couple more...simpler..ones before I attempt that.

My #1 car I want to make is the Lamborghini Reventon. Possibly the sexiest car..ever
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Have to agree with Halls here... :o

Thats awesome!!! :) Great job!

D3luxe

Post by D3luxe »

SpiritWebb wrote:

Have to agree with Halls here... :o

Thats awesome!!! :) Great job!
Hehe, thanks :)

There was a big frag-fest at my school that just finished, and I have nothing to do until tuesday, so I should finish up the Scirocco by then.
Adobe Flash CS4
3DS Max & Maya
PC Spec:
8gb 800Mhz DDR2 RAM
1gb nVidia GTX275
2TB SATA HD
Windows 7 RTM

Return to “Art Showoff”