DBPro Bonanza

Neo-Axis, Torque, 3D GameStudio, DarkBasic, Blitz3d, ect...
Raven67854

Re: DBPro Bonanza

Post by Raven67854 »

Sakar wrote:How does T3D renderer suck? It looks pretty damn good. Perhaps you're talking about an older version like TGE or TGEA, in which case I completely agree with you. If only they had more documentation on scripting or some tutorials (one of the main reasons why I'm looking at Unity again)
No I am not talking about TGE or TGEA. Quality of the artwork doesn't mean that the engine is good. Yeah Torque3d looks pretty shiny and has some nice features. But on my rig I get about 20FPS on some of the demo's the render is just slow. It's poorly made deferred render. Now maybe they will make a better one someday but currently it's pretty bad.
C/C++/C#/Blitzmax/Visual Basic Programmer
Blender/XSI user
"It's not what you use. It's how you use it what you have" -Unknown author
"Sleeping the number one cause of death" -Raven67854
""No matter how much shit life throws at me. I will keep on going just to piss life off." -Raven67854

PC Specs:
AMD Athlon 64x2 5000+ 2.6ghz Black Edition
8 gigs Corsair ram 1066mhz
9800GTX+
2x750gb HD
Vista Home Premium X64
Ubuntu 9.04 X64
Sakar

Post by Sakar »

Ah, I assume you meant it sucked as in the visual quality of the output, not the actual speed of the renderer. I can't comment on the speed as I do not have T3D and can't test it. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Raven67854

Post by Raven67854 »

Sakar wrote:Ah, I assume you meant it sucked as in the visual quality of the output, not the actual speed of the renderer. I can't comment on the speed as I do not have T3D and can't test it. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
No problemo :D. Only way to learn is to ask questions. But yeah I will agree it can look pretty. But I found it to be pretty fucking slow.
C/C++/C#/Blitzmax/Visual Basic Programmer
Blender/XSI user
"It's not what you use. It's how you use it what you have" -Unknown author
"Sleeping the number one cause of death" -Raven67854
""No matter how much shit life throws at me. I will keep on going just to piss life off." -Raven67854

PC Specs:
AMD Athlon 64x2 5000+ 2.6ghz Black Edition
8 gigs Corsair ram 1066mhz
9800GTX+
2x750gb HD
Vista Home Premium X64
Ubuntu 9.04 X64
Noctrine

Post by Noctrine »

Yeah, when I saw that he said it I thought he meant that it preformed to a subpar level. Especially since we all had a long discussion about how shiny it looked.
Jesse Dorsey
ProjectANI - Lead Developer Person
http://about.me/jessedorsey
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

i have played a game made with it and it was horrible slow. End of story for me.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Well i purchased my copy today. Got to wait for it in the mail :(. Guess I will read up on some books till then.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Why on Earth is GameCreators sending this out in the mail? I thought they had changed to pure digital distribution years ago. It is all-around more expensive for them, and most people want it immediately and have access to a CD/DVD burner to make their own back-up. It just makes no sense.

And yes, I have been following that DarkBASIC MMO project for a couple of years now. The guys who are working on it are extremely devoted, and I am happy to see how complete it is looking. They are probably in that <1% who are dedicated, talented and patient enough to code an MMORPG from scratch (which is still about equal to jogging around the Earth, even in DBPro).
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Noctrine

Post by Noctrine »

Maybe they are trying to get rid of old discs
Jesse Dorsey
ProjectANI - Lead Developer Person
http://about.me/jessedorsey
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

haha prob so. Its darkstudio that is mailed to you. The new stuff is digital.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Wait, what exactly is Dark Studio? That is what seemed odd to me, since I did not think Dark AI, Dark Physics, and the others had ever been put on disc.
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “3d Engines”