General PHP Framework

C++, C#, Java, PHP, ect...
Luke111

General PHP Framework

Post by Luke111 »

Hi everyone!
I have been working on a lot of websites for the past few months. The one thing they all have in common is that they use my general PHP framework named 'MountainFramework'.
MountainFramework is FREE! I wanted to share it with you all first, so you can get your games and stuff rolling. MountainFramework works for Games and Websites.

Here's a feature list:
  • Modular, Page Oriented, Front-Controlling Design (NOT MVC)
  • SQL Injection Secure
  • Incredibly easy to make your own modules
  • Specify certain urls to go to certain pages (regular expressions can be used but don't have to)
  • In active development!!!
  • I have a lot of modules already done, that will be distributed separately for free (recaptcha, CSRF protection, phpass, etc.)

Updated: 10/16/2013
Released 2.0, and am working on a PDO wrapper module that is going to deprecate the old mysqli module.
Here's a github repo: https://github.com/lukebullard/mountainphp

This new version features:
  • "Commons", which are application-specific modules. An example would be Header/Footer code for your website.
  • Modules now have basic hooks for functions, so when a function is started and stopped then it can call a hook.
  • The core has gone through some revamping, specifically the router and the regular expression routing system.
  • The front controller now accepts and parses GET query strings on the end of the URL.
-Luke
Last edited by Luke111 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
I don't believe in platform-specific development, but I also don't believe in Apple.
Jackolantern

Re: General PHP Framework

Post by Jackolantern »

Luke111 wrote:I don't have it packaged yet, but I will have it done sometime today (unless I go solstar, lol).
:lol: :lol: That should totally be a phrase in game development haha!

It sounds cool! I don't really know how much I will be using PHP anymore, but the idea behind it sounds interesting and I would love to take a look around it :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Very nice and please dont go solstar on us!!
Luke111

Post by Luke111 »

Looks like I won't go solstar today!!! I am writing the docs, then I will zip it up and release.
I don't believe in platform-specific development, but I also don't believe in Apple.
Luke111

Post by Luke111 »

Here's release 1.0!
The docs aren't finished, but they should teach you how to get a basic page up and running.
There is also some sample files showing how to use the module system.
The database system is somewhat complex, so you have been warned before you try to get it working without the docs I am still writing.
http://www.filedropper.com/mountain-core-10
Verahta

Post by Verahta »

Jack, what did you find to replace PHP?
"In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion".
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Verahta wrote:Jack, what did you find to replace PHP?
It may not work for everyone, but I have found I really like node.js. It is also really handy for real-time web development, such as games. :cool:
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Luke111

Post by Luke111 »

Released 2.0, and am working on a PDO wrapper module that is going to deprecate the old mysqli module.
Here's a github repo: https://github.com/lukebullard/mountainphp

This new version features:
  • "Commons", which are application-specific modules. An example would be Header/Footer code for your website.
  • Modules now have basic hooks for functions, so when a function is started and stopped then it can call a hook.
  • The core has gone through some revamping, specifically the router and the regular expression routing system.
  • The front controller now accepts and parses GET query strings on the end of the URL.
Oh, in case you were wondering, a module is like a plugin in other's terminology.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

-Luke
Luke111

Post by Luke111 »

The PDO wrapper is finished. You can now access it like you would in the MySQLi wrapper. it has been uploaded along with a test page showing usage.
Also, if a mod could move this to either the Resources section or the Tier 2 showoff that would be great!
Luke111

Post by Luke111 »

Working on tutorials and documentation here and there:
http://mountainphp.blogspot.com

At the time of this posting, the internals have been described in a high level, and I am working on a cool Hello World app tutorial using Mountain.

Enjoy!
Luke

Return to “Coding”