Apress ebook "TouchDevelop" free now on apress.com

A topic built around all the best posts and information from the site. It includes informative posts, links to resources, tips, tricks, ect... Do not post here unless it will become a resource based post.
Jackolantern

Apress ebook "TouchDevelop" free now on apress.com

Post by Jackolantern »

TouchDevelop is a new mobile development platform created by Microsoft Research. It uses HTML5 to develop for (what sounds like) any mobile platform. Anyway, the ebook is free for a limited time (maybe just today), so why not pick it up and put it away in case you get an interest to learn it later, which is what I have done. I think the ebook would normally cost about $20.

Get it here.

EDIT: Oh, and you can get 50% on all Microsoft-related ebooks on apress.com with coupon code T3CH13 until June 7th.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
vitinho444

Re: Apress ebook "TouchDevelop" free now on apress.com

Post by vitinho444 »

Wow thanks, i've downloaded it because I want so much to develop for new platforms, I'm getting a bit tired of 3D and even PC :D

Thanks a lot for sharing :P

EDIT:
Does it teaches how to build a game from scratch using this new technology ?
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

You welcome, but I don't have a clue lol. I just read the info taken from the back of the book, which does mention something about making a game, but I have no idea what it is lol.
Ark

Post by Ark »

Thanks Jack! This things come in handy, please let us know when another book comes free :DD
Orgullo Catracho
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Most of my "free book" or "big discount" alerts come to me through Apress emails, which is one of the largest if not the largest tech book publisher. I think if you got the free book you will get the emails, too (don't worry, they aren't a bother and I don't think I even get one once a month).

But I will keep posting them for topics of interest to IR (web development, HTML5 game dev, etc.) when I get them ;)
vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Jackolantern wrote:Most of my "free book" or "big discount" alerts come to me through Apress emails, which is one of the largest if not the largest tech book publisher. I think if you got the free book you will get the emails, too (don't worry, they aren't a bother and I don't think I even get one once a month).

But I will keep posting them for topics of interest to IR (web development, HTML5 game dev, etc.) when I get them ;)
Thank you :)
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

Return to “Resources”