New RTS MMORPG browser game idea

Talk about game designs and what goes behind designing games.
weezme

New RTS MMORPG browser game idea

Post by weezme »

Hi my name is weezme and I would like to share with the community my idea of a great MMORPG RTS style brower game that would be very awesome to play but I lack the programming skills to do so. I have had this idea for this game for about 10 years now and have been adding on to it the more I see games that are simular. To start off if you could check out the game Godfather 5 families at https://www.kabam.com/nl/games/the-godfather], this game is the closest thing as in the style of how the map and building process will work close to what I am looking to make but with many differences and more in depth rpg style. After checking out that game here is a list of the changes that I would like to implement to make it a entirely a different game and I have no intentions of stealing the games concept or game play ideas.

First on the list would be only 3 families to choose from which would be called factions and multiple cities, instead of having city scapes that a player controls they would be players businesses which they gain resources from and can be upgraded and these resources can be sold on a player market/auction. The map it self would be broken into sectors which one sector for NPC gangs,businesses,banks etc., and other sections for players houses, businesses, warehouses, and corporations. All of which the players houses, businesses, warehouses, and corporations can be attacked and possibly taken over. So the player would have to upgrade their territories with security systems that go up in level and even hire other players as body guard or protectors. With the player territories, there will be a decay time that is about a week and then their territories will decay or be deleted(deleting low level territories instead of having it decay will prevent people from making multiple accounts just so they can have it decay and get the resources from it) depending on what level they are and that building will become and abandoned building having all of the resources/items will drop from that plot and will be up for grabs for 12 hours to whomever runs across it and searches that abandon building. So with that in mind, this game would be for the true hardcore RTS gamers. There will be careers involved that a player ranks up in and has a certain amount of payout, example of these careers would be car boosting where a player goes around the city boosting cars and then get a wanted level(similar to GTA) and by using their territories or crew territories as a safe house they are able to knock their wanted level down to proceed to get there boosted car to it's destination which would most likely be their dock warehouse.

That is just a brief description of what the game would be about and without checking out or knowing about the game I linked godfather 5 families this idea won't make too much sense. Please comment on what you think and message me if you are interested in working on this project for I have many more ideas and can answer any questions you may have.
overras

Re: New RTS MMORPG browser game idea

Post by overras »

You speak about a "Mafia game" . These games are already smoked. On the internet you can find over 10 free open source games like that. In my opinion, these type of games, is the last who must be tried to be created . I have a live example, in the past he has over 10-15k of active players, now ..10-15 players active per day, maybe :) .
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Yeah, if this is a mafia themed game, that really is a way overcrowded genre. Of course, that doesn't mean you can't do it, but offer something different (some of the shining examples of games out there are in an overcrowded genre but improved on the formula and offered something new). I guess it depends on the final product, but you will have a lot less running against you by choosing a different genre. You would be hard-pressed to find a PBBG genre as crowded as mafia games.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
weezme

Post by weezme »

Yes this is a mafia game, but all of the games you speak of are all simply text based and boring. If you get a chance please check out the Godfather 5 Families game that I mentioned. It is a mafia game mixed in with java and is much more then all of the other text based mafia games. Like I said, it is the closest to what my idea is about. I have tried the simple php mafia games and have found free open sources but was unable to figure out how to make it the way I want it to be because of the lack of programming and knowing how to integrate the java parts. I think if I was able to find some help or even an open source that has the mixed in java I could create this to be a very exciting and successful game that is for the true hardcore RTS RPG players out there. I already have a host and just need some sort of code to play with that has the java in it or someone who is interested in creating a script that I could play with.
overras

Post by overras »

weezme wrote:Yes this is a mafia game, but all of the games you speak of are all simply text based and boring. If you get a chance please check out the Godfather 5 Families game that I mentioned. It is a mafia game mixed in with java and is much more then all of the other text based mafia games. Like I said, it is the closest to what my idea is about. I have tried the simple php mafia games and have found free open sources but was unable to figure out how to make it the way I want it to be because of the lack of programming and knowing how to integrate the java parts. I think if I was able to find some help or even an open source that has the mixed in java I could create this to be a very exciting and successful game that is for the true hardcore RTS RPG players out there. I already have a host and just need some sort of code to play with that has the java in it or someone who is interested in creating a script that I could play with.
Ok , now I like your ideea :D . Look, I don't make games anymore, not as my "own" project or ..as a hobby. If you get all graphics (buttons/images/buildings/icons/), [ everything ] , I will work for you 3 months for free [maybe more], you can use also Javascript instead Java for realtime effect . If you want too see my past progress in game developement, just ask . I don't want to think at success/failure/where to host etc. You must prepare all these and I help you . I will just write php code and jQuery , and of course I can implement the graphics. I tell you again: You have the all others tasks! I don't want to be a idiot but, I failed in many projects because of these things, I had even depressions . I can't resist at so many tasks. Programming task is already very hard . I recieve a portofolio piece and you can put online the game etc , I don't care. ;) .

Long story essential story: I can create something better then "Godfather 5 Families" in other ways, in other web technologies, all what I need: graphics.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Yeah, forget about Java. It is kind of weird for Java to be used client-side these days, and the hopes of finding an engine that uses it and happens to be close to the game you mentioned are almost nill. Rather, Javascript is where it is at!
The indelible lord of tl;dr
weezme

Post by weezme »

overras wrote:
weezme wrote:Yes this is a mafia game, but all of the games you speak of are all simply text based and boring. If you get a chance please check out the Godfather 5 Families game that I mentioned. It is a mafia game mixed in with java and is much more then all of the other text based mafia games. Like I said, it is the closest to what my idea is about. I have tried the simple php mafia games and have found free open sources but was unable to figure out how to make it the way I want it to be because of the lack of programming and knowing how to integrate the java parts. I think if I was able to find some help or even an open source that has the mixed in java I could create this to be a very exciting and successful game that is for the true hardcore RTS RPG players out there. I already have a host and just need some sort of code to play with that has the java in it or someone who is interested in creating a script that I could play with.
Ok , now I like your ideea :D . Look, I don't make games anymore, not as my "own" project or ..as a hobby. If you get all graphics (buttons/images/buildings/icons/), [ everything ] , I will work for you 3 months for free [maybe more], you can use also Javascript instead Java for realtime effect . If you want too see my past progress in game developement, just ask . I don't want to think at success/failure/where to host etc. You must prepare all these and I help you . I will just write php code and jQuery , and of course I can implement the graphics. I tell you again: You have the all others tasks! I don't want to be a idiot but, I failed in many projects because of these things, I had even depressions . I can't resist at so many tasks. Programming task is already very hard . I recieve a portofolio piece and you can put online the game etc , I don't care. ;) .

Long story essential story: I can create something better then "Godfather 5 Families" in other ways, in other web technologies, all what I need: graphics.

Awesome I knew someone would like my idea here, I have no problem finding all the graphics for it and appreciate that your willing to help. I do already have a web host. Java Script is actually what I meant not just normal java. I will give you all of the credit you deserve for sure on this project. So please send me a message about what you would need me to do my host such as set up a database and give you a ftp username and password and we can begin on this shortly.
overras

Post by overras »

Just PM me a link with graphics (towns,buildings, everything) and I can start to work .
weezme

Post by weezme »

The game idea has been changed to a post apocalyptic theme but still with much of the same features that I explained.

Return to “Game Design”