Awesome PHP/Javascript IDE

C++, C#, Java, PHP, ect...
Jackolantern

Awesome PHP/Javascript IDE

Post by Jackolantern »

I have recently started using the free IDE Aptana Studio, and it is quite impressive. It is built on top of Eclipse, so you can use all Eclipse plug-ins, which count well into the thousands. Beyond what Eclipse offers, Aptana is designed to be solely focused on web development through common technologies, such as PHP, Rails, Python, Javascript, AJAX, etc., whereas Eclipse is designed for Java with only additional plugins allowing it to work with other code (and almost no specialized features with those plug-ins).

Right out of the box, it supports HTML, CSS, XML and Javascript. It includes the IE and Firefox JS interpreter built-in to the IDE so you do not have to keep switching back and forth to test. The Aptana PHP plugin (which you get an option to install the first time you open it) adds a PHP interpreter to the IDE so you can also do PHP testing right in the IDE. You can also link it directly with XAMPP.

It looks really cool, and it is free. I am going to try working with it a bit, and seeing how it goes. I always liked using Eclipse for Java development, so having a version of Eclipse that is web-centric sounds like win.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Awesome PHP/Javascript IDE

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

nice, thanks for the links

Return to “Coding”