Looking for sprites

A topic built around all the best posts and information from the site. It includes informative posts, links to resources, tips, tricks, ect... Do not post here unless it will become a resource based post.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Looking for sprites

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I am looking for sprites/Tilesheets, purchase or free but prefer purchase high quality. Can't seem to find much out there as far as 2d game graphics
Jackolantern

Re: Looking for sprites

Post by Jackolantern »

What style are you looking for? And isometric/2d overhead/3d prerendered overhead?
The indelible lord of tl;dr
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

There is a few options, but it depends all what you want as kind of sprites. So if you can give a bit more details and / or examples of what you are looking for maybe I can help you.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Haha got to love uninformational post right? :)

Looking for Diablo-ish or even RPG makerish but cleaner. Nothing kiddie or cartoony. Fantasy or Sci-Fi is fine.
a_bertrand

Post by a_bertrand »

Well an option would be to take 3D models and render them. Having diablo style tiles is not something I have ready for you.
Creator of Dot World Maker
Mad programmer and annoying composer
Renavoid

Post by Renavoid »

a_bertrand wrote:Well an option would be to take 3D models and render them. Having diablo style tiles is not something I have ready for you.
This works amazingly well. It gives a real sense of depth to your characters and their movement. I worked with a team that did just this. It was a 2D platformer, but all of our assets were 3D objects that we placed against a plane backdrop. It made things like turning your character around animate in a much more interesting way than flipping a 2D sprite.
The winds of change are blowing; will you heed their call?
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Great for someone who has the time but I do not. Also it is a real pain to get everything lined up on the same plane. I would much rather purchase as I am on a time constraint.

I can bend my style some, I just do not want the standard RPG Maker files that have been used over and over.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

The only sprites I know in that style is Reiner's tileset. It really isn't a bad choice, though. They are basically unknown to those outside of the game dev community.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Yeah i like his character sprites

but I may go with this

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/products/res ... ega-bundle

I love the character sprites
srachit

Post by srachit »

Those do look impressive! Does the mega pack contain all the three packs? :O Thats pretty sweet

Return to “Resources”