Site suggestions

Indie-Resource announcements, news and any site discussion.
tboxx

Site suggestions

Post by tboxx »

Just some suggestions:

A section for artwork questions like there is for coding.

A buisness and law section.
Jackolantern

Re: Site suggestions

Post by Jackolantern »

Hmm...not sure why we never created an "Artwork help"-type section. We have an art showoff. I will see what Halls says but I am all for it, particularly with such talented people as Last Known Hero being here and all the nuggets of wisdom he and others could share.

As far as a business/legal section, I am not really for it. MMORPGMaker.com added one in the last year or two of its life, and really it didn't go well. As far as I am aware, we don't have any entertainment industry attorneys here, and likely never will. And as kind of a tweak to an old saying "No advice is better than bad advice". You really have to read law to be able to give any kind of advice, and I would be worried someone would not take the disclaimers seriously that we are not lawyers and could get into a load of trouble. I don't mind people asking legal-ish questions in other sections (things about OSS licenses, hiring freelancers, etc.), but making a specific section could give off the idea that we have some kind of expertise, and that could be dangerous. It can also cause arguments, as it did on MMORPGMaker.com as people get upset when they feel they know the answer but someone else is saying they really know it. Law can seem so arbitrary and needlessly complex that it is hard to get a feel for who is right (a lot of this stuff you can't just Google), so it is hard for these disagreements to get resolved. On top of all that, out community is extremely varied geographically, with members in the Europe, the US, South America and other places, and once you go across the border, pretty much all laws are thrown out the window and a new set come into play. Trying to keep up with various nations' legal codes would be futile.

But as soon as Halls gives the go-ahead, I am ready to make an Artwork section. Do you have a name in mind? Maybe something like "Artwork Help and Support" to match the names of our other 2 main development support forums?
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

agreed and sounds good to me. Thanks!
srachit

Post by srachit »

Could we have a quick reply mod installed aswell? Thanks :)
padda

Post by padda »

srachit wrote:Could we have a quick reply mod installed aswell? Thanks :)
I agree that wil be nice to have
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

will do.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I added the artwork question forum, but expanded it out to include all art and sound assets. You can find it here :)
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “Announcements and Site Discussion”