Sandbox MMO Kit

Looking for a team? Need some team members?
tboxx

Sandbox MMO Kit

Post by tboxx »

Hi All:

Looking for people interested in at first designing a Sandbox MMO Kit. The idea would be to create a design doc, choose an engine, create standardized procedures, best practices, and features agenda etc. Ideally we would work on prototyping the key features with the idea of a possible kick starter campaign.

This could be a great way for people with various skill levels to work together on a project when they have very different story, genre, and setting ideas.
srachit

Re: Sandbox MMO Kit

Post by srachit »

What technology do you plan on using?
tboxx

Post by tboxx »

That is open to discussion from the group. It would be a 3d engine/kit. Likely something like Bigworld - HE Cloud - Unity.
Viper

Post by Viper »

I'm curious about talking to you about this. Send me a pm
Reliique

Post by Reliique »

I'm all in! :D Actually I have lots of ideas to combine best of both worlds:

Fallout, Ufo, Civilization, Space Rangers 2, Heroes of Might and Magic, Age of Wonders, Master of Magic, Neverwinter Nights etc etc etc. I'm thinking about Hero engine for 99$ just to start world building (enviroments) or maybe I'll try with Unity3D first.. havent decided yet. Anyway im interested as I just finished PES 2013 project and will have spare time.

Also your nick sounds familiar from mmorpgmaker.com times (took me ages to find that mmorpgmaker.com moved to Indie-resource) maybe we even tried to make something together before.

Here is my intro post: http://indie-resource.com/forums/viewto ... f=4&t=6467
tboxx

Post by tboxx »

Reliique wrote:I'm all in! :D Actually I have lots of ideas to combine best of both worlds:

Fallout, Ufo, Civilization, Space Rangers 2, Heroes of Might and Magic, Age of Wonders, Master of Magic, Neverwinter Nights etc etc etc. I'm thinking about Hero engine for 99$ just to start world building (enviroments) or maybe I'll try with Unity3D first.. havent decided yet. Anyway im interested as I just finished PES 2013 project and will have spare time.

Also your nick sounds familiar from mmorpgmaker.com times (took me ages to find that mmorpgmaker.com moved to Indie-resource) maybe we even tried to make something together before.

I believe we did work on a project together in the past. I am glad you have some free time and interested in joining. I am going to do some more recruiting and see what kind of interest there is before going forward. I think Hero Engine is definitely a possibility. I have a license to Bigworld as well.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Reliique wrote:Also your nick sounds familiar from mmorpgmaker.com times (took me ages to find that mmorpgmaker.com moved to Indie-resource) maybe we even tried to make something together before.
Just for the record, mmorpgmaker.com actually closed a while back, and was completely separate from indie-resource.com. A member of mmorpgmaker.com, Hallsofvalhalla, made this site to discuss his PBBG video tutorial series. Since there was a focus here and tutorial content, IR flourished while mmorpgmaker kind of slowed to a crawl and then a stop due to Realm Crafter creating a public forum (which mmorpgmaker basically acted as previously) and leaving mmorpgmaker.com with little to discuss.

Sorry for the off-topic! I am kind of an IR historian, as is Halls ;)
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Reliique

Post by Reliique »

Jackolantern wrote:
Reliique wrote:Also your nick sounds familiar from mmorpgmaker.com times (took me ages to find that mmorpgmaker.com moved to Indie-resource) maybe we even tried to make something together before.
Just for the record, mmorpgmaker.com actually closed a while back, and was completely separate from indie-resource.com. A member of mmorpgmaker.com, Hallsofvalhalla, made this site to discuss his PBBG video tutorial series. Since there was a focus here and tutorial content, IR flourished while mmorpgmaker kind of slowed to a crawl and then a stop due to Realm Crafter creating a public forum (which mmorpgmaker basically acted as previously) and leaving mmorpgmaker.com with little to discuss.

Sorry for the off-topic! I am kind of an IR historian, as is Halls ;)
I was wondering what happend. Good that I was able to stumble upon new site, thank you for history tidbit!
Reliique

Post by Reliique »

tboxx wrote:
Reliique wrote:I'm all in! :D Actually I have lots of ideas to combine best of both worlds:

I. I am going to do some more recruiting and see what kind of interest there is before going forward
Well if engine havent been decided yet I will concentrate on ideas. Have you posted "recruiting ads" somewhere else or only here at Indie-resource?
tboxx

Post by tboxx »

I am wondering if we should post further ads now other sites or wait and create some more foundation documentation to show that some effort and time has been exerted already. Right now I started draft overarching design principles document and a draft features agenda. I am torn on going further on the documentation because I don't want to portray the impression that I am making all the choices and decisions and that those choices can't be revisited by new members. The key to any project is to get members to buy in to the project and feel like they have influence into the direction of the project.

Return to “Recruitment”