Desktop App

Keep it clean but fun.

What you all think of this ?

Total votes: 0

PKDemon

Desktop App

Post by PKDemon »

I was wanting to get everyones thoughts about this before i started the coding for the app

i am willing to code a complete program where you can make posts on the website right from your desktop

plus i will be adding features in the program where you can see the latest posts and be able to reply to topics that have already been posted onto the forums

it will take some time to get it coding but i can have a base up in a couple days where you will be able to make posts onto the forums then work on adding other features into the program after i have got a base up and going

i will also take requests for other features that people of the site would like to see added into the program
SpiritWebb

Re: Desktop App

Post by SpiritWebb »

I think that would be awesome...I am still looking into making a mobile app for IR as well... :D

Elvar

Post by Elvar »

Make it platform independent then :D! Would like it aswell :).
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I am not sure the benefit. Maybe I do not understand what you are trying to accomplish.
Sharlenwar

Post by Sharlenwar »

SpiritWebb wrote:I think that would be awesome...I am still looking into making a mobile app for IR as well... :D

Aren't there already many app's for the iPhone and Android already that can browse phpBB forums? I know there is an IPS app that works wonderfully.

As for an app on the desktop, not sure what the use of it would be to check the fourms through the app. It is just as easy to load up the browser and to take a look.
Deep within the Void of Quasion, a creation.

**My Corner of the Web**
***NEW***GrindFest - My own PHP/MySQL game!
Sharlenwar's Adventures
Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG
PKDemon

Post by PKDemon »

Well i was just wanting to help do stuff for the site and from what people are saying that they dont want to see it that is why i put it here and posted before i started the coding on it to see what the people of the site wanted to say about it
Sharlenwar

Post by Sharlenwar »

As for a coding project, it is a good idea for sure. I was just giving my opinion on an app in that case, as I use technology a bit different than others.
Deep within the Void of Quasion, a creation.

**My Corner of the Web**
***NEW***GrindFest - My own PHP/MySQL game!
Sharlenwar's Adventures
Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG
Chromeozone

Post by Chromeozone »

I voted no
Just due to the fact your going to be opening a page inside the app which is linked to the indie-resource.com domain and then display all the information from here.

Its just quicker and easier to use my browser to come to indie resource then to download an app just for indie resource to have it open when im on my mac anyway?
If you see what i mean.

Return to “Off-Topic”