More Posts To Read?

Keep it clean but fun.
Sharlenwar

More Posts To Read?

Post by Sharlenwar »

Today, hanging out here, I realize that it has been awfully quiet around here. How is everyone doing? How is life treating all of you? Working on any projects? Reveal only what you want, and be creative if you want. Just need a post I can check on when I log on to Indie-Resource. :D
Deep within the Void of Quasion, a creation.

**My Corner of the Web**
***NEW***GrindFest - My own PHP/MySQL game!
Sharlenwar's Adventures
Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: More Posts To Read?

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

quiet? Been busy to me, the contest thread has been thriving with activity. Anyways I am at a cross roads of game development. Being pushed in several directions. I have the side with projects that can make money or the side with projects that I enjoy to do. Seems I always take the no money route but I get a lot more out of it. Especially when i give it to the community.
There honestly is not enough hours in the day. Now that i can code anything I want, any game I want I don't have the time to do it. I really want to get back to basics. Go back to the old days of fun RPG elements and plenty of time to do it. :(
dbest

Post by dbest »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:quiet? Been busy to me, the contest thread has been thriving with activity.

Exactly what i was thinking...
Sharlenwar

Post by Sharlenwar »

I guess it is just perception.

I think I would go the route that makes you the most happy and fulfilled. That is why I entered the contest, it happened to be a great opportunity to be motivated to work on at least something. I haven't felt like this in a long time, and the coding juices are definitely moving and the ideas are coming into my head. It is great, and I'm glad you have this community Halls. :D Thanks for remembering me.

**My Corner of the Web**
Sharlenwar's Adventures
srachit

Post by srachit »

I personally have so much on my plate right now, got one of the biggest exams of my life till now coming up in March, so gotto study for them like mad. Busy with my University applications aswell, gonna start as a freshman in university this year. Also gearing up for a beta release of one of my games(you'll will hear more of this soon, releasing this or next week, depending in how fast we can get the last remaining stuff done). Other than that I just joined the PBBG contest so gotto work on that game aswell!

Hey this might be a little off topic but just wanted to ask, does anyone else ever feel that when they get too busy with one language they start forgetting bits and pieces of another? I have a C++ practical exam coming up soon and I opened up my editor today and it took me quiet a while before I remembered everything correctly, been programmign with PHP and Python for quiet some time now, I fear I am forgetting my C++
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

All the time. In my day job I use
PHP
Javascript
HTML
CSS
Python
Ruby
C#
Lua
XML
TSQL

and others I am sure I am forgetting :) It is hard to go back and forth sometimes. Especially from Ruby to javascript to python.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Yeah, I think it is a timing thing. The forums have historically slowed down a bit at the start of every school semester, and then with contest also going on, that further took people's time and attention. I have been quite busy lately. To me, things seem busy because I have orange icons up and down the forums right now for as soon as I can get to them lol. :cool:
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

same here, it takes me forever to get caught up.
Sharlenwar

Post by Sharlenwar »

Ahh, see I'm always caught up. I hate being behind in posts. :P

**My Corner of the Web**
Sharlenwar's Adventures
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Sharlenwar wrote:Ahh, see I'm always caught up. I hate being behind in posts. :P
Me, too, but sometimes there is no choice. This a rough semester for me, and it just the second week. I have to learn Intel x86 assembly language, Boolean algebra and how to work with circuit boards this semester, among a couple of easier classes that still require keeping-up. This is going to take a lot of out-of-class study time :|
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “Off-Topic”