Indie_resource PBBG Contest 1.0!!!

Indie-Resource announcements, news and any site discussion.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Indie_resource PBBG Contest 1.0!!!

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Okay so after quite some time thinking about it and reading comments from others, and seeing a small influx of people ready to start a new game I have come up with a contest to help the game development rather than rush it or constrain it.

This will be for and type on PBBG. Everyone who enters will get a free host from me for the game. This is not a typical free host. I will be paying for them. It is the same host as IR so it is fast and no worries about the content or being pulled.

The first leg of the contest will run for 1 week and will be planning only. You must post a general plan of your game. A semi-working title, story, and what the game is about. Everyone who enters will be given a host. If you have a domain I will point your domain to it. If you do not then I can give you a sub domain.

The community will then vote out of the entrants who has the best entry thus far or rather what game they like the best or would rather play. The winner will receive a free domain registration for that game and 1 year of hosting.

Then the second leg starts...The entrants have 3 months to build their game. At the end of 3 months the community will once again vote. The winners will receive a prize yet to be determined and then we go from there.

Still hashing out some details but I thought just giving everyone a chance to build a game and not worry about hosting. At the end of the contest I will work to keep all finished games hosted.

Thoughts, concerns, ideas?

As of now the first leg of contest starts now and ends the 11th of January. You can start building the game as soon as you want but be sure to make the entry rocking. I will make a category for entrants. I will also make a nice place to show off all the games and a portal for people to try them all.

BTW if you do not make the 11th deadline you can still enter and will receive a free host only as long as I have available ones. Before the 11th I will buy as many needed.
Torax

Re: Indie_resource PBBG Contest 1.0!!!

Post by Torax »

Last edited by Torax on Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:03 am, edited 7 times in total.
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

I currently use freehostingcloud.com, who don't seem to have any issues about BBG's. But Halls hosting it would probably be neater and more 'in house'. Just posting in case it's of use! :)

What I would think is a good idea is a bit of audience participation, rather than us all going off to work alone. The idea is that creators are encouraged to ask people here for what, in fairly specific terms, what those audience members would find fun. And the idea is that if creators ask for it, people here try and give an answer or two, rather than the creator asking and getting no responce.

Then the creator can pick up two or three of what the audience describes and try to implement it, asking further questions if clarification is needed.

Of course, the audience needs to try not to be vague - saying 'I want a good story' is vague. Saying 'I want to shoot lasers from a gem in my forehead' is specific and a good example! Something the audience would find fun, but put in specific terms, not vague terms.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I love that idea.
Torax

Post by Torax »

I edited the post above with the link to my project, hope you all like.

Return to “Announcements and Site Discussion”