Indie Resource Stats

Indie-Resource announcements, news and any site discussion.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Indie Resource Stats

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Like to give these every now and then

The youtube channel has received 210,000+ views and has 979 subscribers!
The Udemy course has had 81 subscribers.

Stats from the Site for October
. Avg Max
Hits per Hour 621 1949
Hits per Day 14906 19706
Files per Day 11501 15380
KBytes per Day 284635 422005

We are down to about 250k-300k hits per month but November we have had a large spike and are at 350k right now. The forums have over 45k posts.

We use around 7 ggis of bandwidth a month.

It has been a while since I have released anything but I am ready to get back into it. Trying to find the best videos to produce and find something that members might need. Currently I have just started on a Card War game. It is much like the old card game called War but you have creatures, spells, artifacts, ect. It is being built in HTML5 and Javascript and Nodejs for multiplayer.

I never for a second expected for my videos to go anywhere nor did I expect to have such a great community here. One or two of you might remember the rocky path we started on Its amazing to see such a vibrant, intelligent, and friendly community. These are nearly extinct.
Jackolantern

Re: Indie Resource Stats

Post by Jackolantern »

Always interesting to see this stuff :) And that project sounds cool! I have thought several times about a card battle-style multiplayer game!

And I agree! This is the best community ever! :cool:
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

I may be using Playcraft for the game. I am actually embedding my own multiplayer for now. I am doing this as I plan on writing some tutorials for the engine once I get the creators permission. Thought it might help out and bring some buzz around the product. I never really received any thanks or an email from all the work I did with impactjs and all the sales my videos brought them. My first Impactjs video had almost 6k views. Not that I did it for a reward or anything and they were nice when they responded to emails but just hoped for at least a visit from him to the site or maybe a link to this site on his site or something. Something more community bound and supportive.

The creators of Playcraft seem much more community driven which I love. I enquired about the price as well as I would like to hold a REAL contest for the community. I was thinking about a copy of a engine or maybe a copy of WebStorm or Komodo.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

A contest would be awesome! :)

I have used Playcraft a bit and I can say I am impressed. Box2D is included in it, unlike Impact which requires you to wire it up yourself. Mobile deployment is also included out-of-the-box (although it is not yet in the beta). And node.js networking is the icing on the cake! :cool:
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

On releasing a game, much like the previous forum game I'd suggest taking advantage of that traffic, by of course the game has it's own page, but part of it can be played here somehow.

That way you might get traffic spilling over to the game over time.

And indeed if that works, perhaps the coding for it could be shown and if you wanted, you could give other peoples a turn at running a game amongst the forums here, that ties into their own browser game. They write up the code for a game that gets integrated here for a time, exposing their game to this forums traffic while also enhancing this forum with even more stuff.

If that makes any sense?
Elvar

Post by Elvar »

Congratz on the fine stats Halls, nice to see that the community is growing, and i'm glad to be a part of it. :)

How about we made a ad banner, for internal use. Say one released a new game, we could offer a free 1 week advertisement, there would of course be some requirements, like it need to be a solid game, and user it self must have been a part of the community for some time. I think this could help a lot of indie developers on these pages, and i would't mind clicking them at all, as i find it interesting seeing what other guys have finished.
Also would be great with a "By <username>" message, right below the banner, and maybe a link to the forum topic, regarding the game.

What do you guys think? :)
jwalton922

Post by jwalton922 »

Those are impressive stats, Halls. Who do you use for hosting? Have you ever considered adding ads to the site? With that amount of traffic, I'd think you would be able to at least make the site revenue neutral, if not profitable.

Also, sorry to derail the topic, but there was mention of networking in PlayCraft. Have they added that? When I was looking at it only a few weeks ago, it did not see anything to indicate it had been implemented yet.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

All great suggestions! Definitely will look into them.

As far as ads I am keeping my word on keeping the forums ad free. The money is not an object for me so I don't mind paying the monthly fees. Currently I am using a small orange for hosting and have a reseller account with 25 sites of which 23 are still available.

The networking in PlayCraft is not ready so I am embedding my own.
Elvar

Post by Elvar »

hallsofvallhalla wrote: As far as ads I am keeping my word on keeping the forums ad free. The money is not an object for me so I don't mind paying the monthly fees. Currently I am using a small orange for hosting and have a reseller account with 25 sites of which 23 are still available.
I did't really think of it as a possible money income, but more as a gift to the users, who actually make it that far, and releases a game. Would't it, be in the users best interest? :-) Was just an idea thought.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

No i meant the revenue ads that was suggested.

Return to “Announcements and Site Discussion”