Templates for browser games?

A topic built around all the best posts and information from the site. It includes informative posts, links to resources, tips, tricks, ect... Do not post here unless it will become a resource based post.
Callan S.

Templates for browser games?

Post by Callan S. »

What sort of free templates are out there that look quite nice and are good for a browser game? I see alot of templates for blogs, but that doesn't look right for a game?
OoZI

Re: Templates for browser games?

Post by OoZI »

Do you mean like a style sheet, or a bare-bones system?
-OoZI

My Blog
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

If you mean like site designs and not bare-bone engines, I have only seen a couple. I tried to use one of them once, but it did not work out. Games just don't easily fall into broadly-definable categories like standard websites do (2 column + banner, 3 column + banner, basic blog template, etc.) and it ended up looking totally hacked-up.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

I just don't really know how, I generally focus on game design. But typically most sites that get traffic have nice little borders and boxes and backgrounds.

If there are tutorials anywhere for such things, that'd be appreciated too! :)
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Basically what you are looking for are web design tutorials and web graphics tutorials. There are tons more all over the place. Just search for those terms, and you will find enough to keep you busy for years ;)
The indelible lord of tl;dr

Return to “Resources”