Screen size problem

C++, C#, Java, PHP, ect...
SpiritWebb

Screen size problem

Post by SpiritWebb »

I seem to be having another problem, that I cant seem to find an answer too. When I'm at home I use firefox, and I set my style.css to those dimensions. When I'm at work, I'm on IE, and my fields are not where they were before. My login/password are now way up top, when they were perfect before. How can I correct this, so the fields stay in the same spot, no matter what monitor?

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Screen size problem

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

well i refuse to fix anything for IE, i hate it and it should burn in hell.
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

hallsofvallhalla wrote:well i refuse to fix anything for IE, i hate it and it should burn in hell.
I agree with you about IE...but my crew and I go about making this game, there are people who use it, and I don't know how to fix this issue. And with work, they don't allow any other browser, but IE.

Torniquet

Post by Torniquet »

Do a css for FF and one for IE. when the pages load up get it to check what browser they are using. :)

shimples
New Site Coming Soon! Stay tuned :D
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Torniquet wrote:Do a css for FF and one for IE. when the pages load up get it to check what browser they are using. :)

shimples
actually not a bad idea.

I too will have to face the IE issue eventually. I usually do it last. Are you using the latest version of IE? Older versions are not worth retrofitting due to its transparency issues.
Torniquet

Post by Torniquet »

well atm mine seems to be fine with IE. probably because it is EXTREEMLY graphically retarded lol. but depends how bad it looks at the end of it i might just put up a notice saying 'we reccomend you use firefox explorer when playing this game' and leave it at that lol
New Site Coming Soon! Stay tuned :D
Noctrine

Post by Noctrine »

The biggest problem, is IE rendering in quirks mode for the older browsers. IE8 has come a long way. The important thing is specifying doctype, and wiping the browsers internal stylesheet.
Jesse Dorsey
ProjectANI - Lead Developer Person
http://about.me/jessedorsey

Return to “Coding”