Help writing my game LOL

Talk about game designs and what goes behind designing games.
towcar

Help writing my game LOL

Post by towcar »

I just posted my new game idea up on this forum, I'll post it again
  • Opening Storyline: Scientists developing new life, Succeed, and Fail. They create life, thats very hostile and intellegent, they feed on human flesh. They break loose multiplying, and developing stronger species. They must be stopped before the whole world is reduced to rubble.

Starting: In a small town with a military base after much of the world is reduced to a small fraction remaining. The military look to a top secret option that very few intel knew of. Project Warrior...
    You were a military legend back 50 years ago, you were frozen at the end of the 3rd world war. TO be re-summoned another day. That day has come, while the world is at its more desired need for a hero. You are summoned.
So the Dilema is I'm trying to think of good ideas for levels, missions and a big finale level.
So to help break up my mind, can everyone just throw out ideas at me like crazy!?!

Don't worry about level 1, its organised and being modeled and what-not
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Help writing my game LOL

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

through a mystery in it, like how they mutated some of the new life form DNA with your to make you more powerful and it causes a reage in you every now and then so you must get a antidote that kills off or holds back the rage. You find datadisc through your travels that slowly unravel the mystery of what happened.

Some level ideas, underground facility where the testing took place. Old warehouse where you must uncover a special weapon. Cave where the life forms might be breeding.
towcar

Post by towcar »

Cool thanks, very helpful. Can't say i'll use them, but its helpful.
ZeroComp

Post by ZeroComp »

You should also have a level where you need to hold out against lifeforms in an abandoned house nazi zombies style :)
Coding-PHP, Javascript, C++, HTML, mySQL
Modeling/Art-Blender, GIMP
Games-Unity, Game Maker 8
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Halls was on a good approach...

But instead of a underground facility, why not have it where, the facility was in the wide open, say a powerplant or a warehouse, people thought it was normal, but creepy scientific things took place in there.

The best things kept hidden, are in public view!! :)

The datadisc was a great idea...you could find them (have to really look for them) to find out whats going on with the changes your body is going through. Making it dark like "Silent Hill" with the mysteries in that game, and puzzles to figure out the answer.

You have to find the datadisc, and then find a computer to "load" it. When it loads you see a "video" of you on security cams, as you learn. Make it a mystery...

I can go on for hours with this...

ZeroComp

Post by ZeroComp »

good idea webb I lie the dark like silent hill idea you could also have gameplay like s.t.a.l.k.e.r too that could add gameplay depth and have it very scary.
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

ZeroComp wrote:good idea webb I lie the dark like silent hill idea you could also have gameplay like s.t.a.l.k.e.r too that could add gameplay depth and have it very scary.

Thanks...like I said, I can go all night...I love the Silent Hill series...(which they are making a 5th...;) )

(of course the game I'm doing is a sci-fi space based...lol...)

ZeroComp

Post by ZeroComp »

cool if you want to program item packs like armor sets and stuff I'm making a tutorial for it later :)
towcar

Post by towcar »

Haha wow NECRO MUCH lol

Anyway the game design is complete, I just need time to work on the damn thing lol
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

towcar wrote:Haha wow NECRO MUCH lol
LOL...I'm just saying...

Return to “Game Design”