Trapped! Demo trailer creation (non-paid)

Looking for a team? Need some team members?
SpiritWebb

Trapped! Demo trailer creation (non-paid)

Post by SpiritWebb »

I am looking for someone who can produce a game trailer for Trapped! There are two people on our team who said they would do it, and now its been a month and every time I ask, I get an excuse. All I need is someone to be able to put together this trailer, so it can go on KickStarter.com

If your someone who is willing to take the few to do it, let me know by commenting on this post. Would prefer if you have Skype so I can send you a standalone demo to create the trailer. If you know about KickStarter and how the videos are put together would be a plus. Thanks in advance to whom is willing to do this.

vitinho444

Re: Trapped! Demo trailer creation (non-paid)

Post by vitinho444 »

Lol, same thing happens to me
Every time i ask for things i told my team to make, they give me excuses, but before that they always say_: "i can do it, it's easy" but i never see work done -.-
Working by myself is the better way, i work when i want, but when i work i get shit done, not like my team ..

Good luck with your trailer, i made one for my game pretty simple, add some dramatic music in the bg, and do some gameplay, then add a few captions and you got a trailer :)
My Company Website: http://www.oryzhon.com

Sharlenwar

Post by Sharlenwar »

Question for you, since there is a demo to play, there would be footage to be made. What sort of "rights" do I have with the footage? Can I put it on my YT channel when you have the trailer? It interests me to attempt this, but I'm not sure if I'm good enough for you. :D
Deep within the Void of Quasion, a creation.

**My Corner of the Web**
***NEW***GrindFest - My own PHP/MySQL game!
Sharlenwar's Adventures
Torn-City - Massively multiplayer online text based RPG
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

vitinho444 wrote:Lol, same thing happens to me
Every time i ask for things i told my team to make, they give me excuses, but before that they always say_: "i can do it, it's easy" but i never see work done -.-
Working by myself is the better way, i work when i want, but when i work i get stinky bottom putty done, not like my team ..

Good luck with your trailer, i made one for my game pretty simple, add some dramatic music in the bg, and do some gameplay, then add a few captions and you got a trailer :)
I know the feeling. I mean don't get me wrong I have a good team, 90% of the time. My level designers are not doing anything which forces me to have to do it, already doing the programming. The only ones doing anything besides myself are my sound engineers and 3d artist, the music artist is, but he is waiting for the trailer so he knows what to create.
Sharlenwar wrote:Question for you, since there is a demo to play, there would be footage to be made. What sort of "rights" do I have with the footage? Can I put it on my YT channel when you have the trailer? It interests me to attempt this, but I'm not sure if I'm good enough for you. :D
Yes you could put it on YT. The only thing I would ask is wait until the KickerStarter page is ready before fully allowing people to see it! The original guy who was going to do it, was going to do the whole video, everything for the KickStarter page. Now my sound engineer said he would do it, but thats as far as it has gone.

vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Dude, my team does nothing, they give some cool ideas, but they think im god, the ideas they give is just like impossible for 1 guy and they dont see that.

I code, i make my own graphics, i make the sounds and i make all the game engine behind the game... But when i say they are fired, they begin working something just as an excuse, when i say we need to work, they just give the "i got plenty of ideas man" excuse -.-
Then, the only thing they like is to go out, parties, vacation without doing anything for the good of the company / team / games..

I fear this will f*ck me in the future because i won't trust right away in my future teams..

SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

vitinho444 wrote:Dude, my team does nothing, they give some cool ideas, but they think im god, the ideas they give is just like impossible for 1 guy and they dont see that.

I code, i make my own graphics, i make the sounds and i make all the game engine behind the game... But when i say they are fired, they begin working something just as an excuse, when i say we need to work, they just give the "i got plenty of ideas man" excuse -.-
Then, the only thing they like is to go out, parties, vacation without doing anything for the good of the company / team / games..

I fear this will f*ck me in the future because i won't trust right away in my future teams..
I can full agree! My original team was the same way, and I got so frustrated, I quit working on it (for now). I have just come to a point, I will continue working on it, and if they don't help oh well and I continue regardless, just like the level designers. I said I needed level 3, and nothing. I gave it about a week and nothing, not even so much as a comment stating they were working on it, so I done it myself, and now I have posted asking for level 4, and yet still nothing. I know how you feel!!

Ark

Post by Ark »

hey spiritwebb sorry for being offtopic but how do you manage your team? You said you got level designers sound engineers etc. Do you hire them? Or are you giving them a share of your game? I want to learn!
Orgullo Catracho
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Ark wrote:hey spiritwebb sorry for being offtopic but how do you manage your team? You said you got level designers sound engineers etc. Do you hire them? Or are you giving them a share of your game? I want to learn!
Once the game is released, our studio will become a full partnership. Everyone has their set roles.

vitinho444

Post by vitinho444 »

Just like me.

I already develop a share system, its based on each other work.. so i guess im 100% now :D

Return to “Recruitment”