New Suggestion

Indie-Resource announcements, news and any site discussion.
Chromeozone

New Suggestion

Post by Chromeozone »

Hello,
So most of my suggestions which I have given to the indie-resource forum have either been forgotten about or you just really dont care about them.. So, Im going to put my list here with a Brand new suggestion :)

And for my newest Suggestion
A PhP project management application which can be installed onto the Indie-resource domain
I think this would really benefit the community as a whole so we will be able to see upcoming releases and what is needed - E.G. Need house graphic, can someone help?

Below is my suggestion about Gamertags :)
Modification Description:

With this mod all forum users can add in - user control panel / profile / Edit GamerTag - their XboX Live, Playstation 3 PSN network, Nintendo Wii network gamertag card, Steam and Xfire. Those will be display on every forum, in the poster info row .
This script do no load your server or your bandwidth cose the card images will be loaded only when someone put the mouse arrow on the respective text link.

Modification Version: 2.3.0
Requirements: PHP, Mysql

2.3.0 Addon:

•Added gamertags field in registration page
•Added ACP gamertags editing page
•Added gamertags in users profile page too
•Added some xhml fixs for prosilver

2.2.0 Addon:

•Now the temp gamertag entries are displayed when the form detect a error too
•Fixed some languages definition
2.1.0 Addon:

•Fixed the XboX Live Gamertag - no more mygamercard
•Added subsilver2 template
•Varius fixs in regex.
2.0.0 Addon:

•Change the system of visualization. Full compatibility with phpbb cache. High speed loading for viewtopic
•Added the Xfire gamertag.
•Change the gt system for Steam and Wii, work with winnertag too.
•Added style of gt for XboX Live
•Xbox Live GT language change following the user languages
•New menu in UCP / Profile, named Edit GamerTag
•Preview of GT in Edit GamerTag page
•Work with phpBB 3.0.8

1.2.0 Addon:

•Fix some problems
•Adeed the GT entries check system

1.1.0 Addon:

•Added support to US PSN
•Added Steam GamerTag
•Fixed permession entries

Features:

•Work with XboX Live, PSN, Wii, Steam, Xfire gamer card
•Safe system: do not load your server or the bandwidth.
•Come with English base installer and Italian language addon in contrib folder.
•Easy installing, less than a minute
•Work fine with automod. Needs UMIL.

Please download the package here - http://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/download/id_80282
Also compatable with AutoMod

Below is my post about "Forum Ranks"
Ok,

So we are a Indie Website which offer help to everyone...

But most of the time i dont understand what "aspect" some people come under
So my suggestion is

To make new forum Ranks such as
Website Owner / Developer
Game Owner / Developer
Coding / Scripting
Graphics / Design
This would also be useful to contact people easier..

They wouldnt even need Moderation powers, just a group so we can recgonize people, and also have the permissions set to Open, meaning there doesnt need to be a group leader to accept and they do not need moderater powers

Xaleph

Re: New Suggestion

Post by Xaleph »

Hmm, the gamer tags are kind of cool, but the rest.. Meh, i don`t see it. First of, we are a small community. So for the people here that stick around, it`s quite obvous what they do, who they are, what they want.

On the project management tool, it has absolutely nothing to do with the forum, it`s a management tool, not a community something. Besides, it would take a lot of coding to get something like that up and running, i don`t think it`s worth the time and effort to build it, unless there were hundreds or thousands of active users here.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Instead of coding our own, we could perhaps see if there is some way to integrate or at least nicely link to a much more full-featured and widely-used repository such as GitHub.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

please don't think I don't care about your suggestions. I really do. It is just hard for me to keep up these days as I am really busy with work. I am doing the job of 10 people right now. My eyes burn today from all the coding I have done :)

I will set aside some time this weekend to get some of this done. I am looking for a great way to share resources and links of resources that is easily managed and found. I could do a wiki like before but no one wanted to help. Just like the newsletter. No one wanted to help. It is hard for one guy to do all this and keep up with the posts and keep up with my own game.

I do like the suggestions though.
Xaleph

Post by Xaleph »

Well, we could do a complete overhaul, new forum, new applications, new looks, new ranks, new everything, delegate authority, ranks and responsibilities. But I don`t see it happening for the reasons explained in my previous post.
Chromeozone

Post by Chromeozone »

Halls,
Not to be rude or anything, but I always want to do stuff for this community and I have stated this on threads to make, but again either you wish to ignore of your full up to your neck with work -.-
Please be careful in what you say "Nobody wants to help" because I for one know there are people in this forum who want to
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I wish they would have offered then when I needed and asked for the help. I am just going on the past times I have asked.

Let's start a new slate then and go for getting things in order. I will work on the gamer tags today.

Return to “Announcements and Site Discussion”