Download the videos

Location of the Videos
Hutch

Re: Download the videos

Post by Hutch »

I just can't imagine what dial-up would be like anymore. I had it about 10 years ago. You can get cable internet pretty cheap now.

The single downloads are for those dial-up users.

Could we have a section just for the video downloads? That way members wouldn't have to search for them. It would also make it easier for us to update those post and not have to keep making new posts with new downloads or letting others know that we have updated the original.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I would guess that most people interested in coding a game from scratch are likely to be "computer people" and would probably have broadband. It seems like most dial-ups users out there today are fairly casual computer users.

I know we have at least one dial-up user here on the forums, but I definitely would not see getting a flood of them to the point of needing low-quality downloads. And as was pointed out, the code would become hard to read on smaller files.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

for those looking the video downloads are here in the beginning of this thread. Thanks to Jack for doing this. I guess we need to get the latest videos though.
Hutch

Post by Hutch »

I went to the downlaod all link and only 10 people can download them and it has been reached. I also hate rapidshare because of the wait.
neronix17

Post by neronix17 »

Hutch wrote:I went to the downlaod all link and only 10 people can download them and it has been reached. I also hate rapidshare because of the wait.
I just hate rapidshare full stop.
This isnt just a gimp mask...This is an S&M gimp mask...
Hutch

Post by Hutch »

Here is all videos up to 15 + how to make a ticket & crons. It is a zip folder

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/571527/All%20Videos.zip

Here is the source files for up to video 15 + bank. I did not add bank in the sql dump.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/571527/Source_files.zip

Would be glad to keep them up. I would like to see a section for it though. Much easier to find.

There may be errors in the source files that you download but you can fix them or ask how to in the questions section.
Last edited by Hutch on Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mrmajic

Post by mrmajic »

This is a very good idea/package ... the ONLY thing, is that in the reguser.php file, you need to add gold to the insert into players field for registering the new player .. or make a default amount for gold .. that is it .. nice work!

Code: Select all

$SQL = "INSERT into players(name, password, email, level, exper, attack, defense, hpoints, maxhp, spoints, maxspoints,pclass) VALUES ('$player','$password','$email','1','0','$classquery3[attack]','$classquery3[defense]','$classquery3[hpoints]','$classquery3[hpoints]','$classquery3[spoints]','$classquery3[spoints]','$classquery3[name]')";
mysql_query($SQL) or die("could not register");
should be

Code: Select all

$SQL = "INSERT into players(name, password, email, level, exper, attack, defense, hpoints, maxhp, spoints, maxspoints,pclass, gold) VALUES ('$player','$password','$email','1','0','$classquery3[attack]','$classquery3[defense]','$classquery3[hpoints]','$classquery3[hpoints]','$classquery3[spoints]','$classquery3[spoints]','$classquery3[name]','0')";
mysql_query($SQL) or die("could not register");
Mr Majic...

Current Project: http://www.deltarealm.net
feedback welcome.
Hutch

Post by Hutch »

I have updated it. Thanks for the info.
mrmajic

Post by mrmajic »

in internet explorer (atleast), in the code, some of the </a> are missing from the links in the code, which make them NOT links in the game.. its easy to fix, but thought id let ya know anyways..
Mr Majic...

Current Project: http://www.deltarealm.net
feedback welcome.
Hutch

Post by Hutch »

I will have to look into that. I have just took what I have from the site and transfered it. Thats really all I got as my code is much different as I have changed it so much. I guess I don't really need to do the source as it is already up under the other vids. I do use a different browser than IE and FF so I don't see all that much. Again I have said that I have expanded on the tuts that I have already learned. I am not following these tuts vid by vid. I am getting things set up how it works for me in my browser. When I get ready to publish something I will go over the other browers to make fixes and should be easy by then.

You suggest I take that down, or keep it up as it is a easy zip file?

Return to “Older Browser MMO Videos”