Is there another way?

Place for questions and answers for all newcomers and new coders. This is a free for all forum, no question is too stupid and to noob.
Hattrick

Is there another way?

Post by Hattrick »

I have had the localhost and localhost/phpmyadmin site loading for about a hour and they just wont show up. I just don't understand. I have downloaded WAMP SERVER and it says it;s online but it just wont come up for me. I'm using FireFox and have Windows 7. Please help :!:
Xaleph

Re: Is there another way?

Post by Xaleph »

More details please, more, more, more, we want more! Just kidding obviously hehe oh wait, no. Like, where is it failing? What did you try so far and what are your ( if any ) error messages? Did you check the Apache log? Did you find anything? Throw us a bone so we can bite in it!
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

And what color is the WAMP icon?
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Chris

Post by Chris »

If you're on a proxy make sure it bypasses local addresses.
Fighting for peace is declaring war on war. If you want peace be peaceful.
Hattrick

Post by Hattrick »

Xaleph wrote:More details please, more, more, more, we want more! Just kidding obviously hehe oh wait, no. Like, where is it failing? What did you try so far and what are your ( if any ) error messages? Did you check the Apache log? Did you find anything? Throw us a bone so we can bite in it!
Okay, I downloaded the WAMPSERVER and I click "Start all Services". Then, I click "Put server online" then I get this error "Could not execute menu item (internal error) [Exception] could not perform service action: The service has not been started" So I'm guessing that the services aren't started, but if I click the "start all services button" how come it doesn't start? Also when I try to go to localhost on Firefox, it just continues loading and never shows up on my screen. The same thing happens when I go to localhost/phpmyadmin I just don't understand... To the other question, the WAMPSERVER is still red even though sometimes it says it's online.
If you're on a proxy make sure it bypasses local addresses.
How would I do this?
Chris

Post by Chris »

In that case I don't think it would be to do with any network configuration. Make sure there aren't any other programs running on port 80. Have you installed any other web servers?
Hattrick

Post by Hattrick »

Chris wrote:In that case I don't think it would be to do with any network configuration. Make sure there aren't any other programs running on port 80. Have you installed any other web servers?
Why, yes. First I installed XAMPP because one tutorial by Dust said it was better than WAMP and I can figure out how to change the thing on port 80 to the WAMP server. Also I tested the service on port 80 and it said "port 80 is actually used by: " and that is all it says it doesn't say used by anything...
Chris

Post by Chris »

Have you uninstalled xampp?
Hattrick

Post by Hattrick »

Chris wrote:Have you uninstalled xampp?
OMG if this works I'm going to feel like a complete tard...

EDIT: I just uninstalled XAMPP and now I still get the same error but the icon goes a yellow color now :)
Xaleph

Post by Xaleph »

Does that mean its working? Probably not, just out of curiousity, do you use Skype?

Return to “Beginner Help and Support”