Rift

Keep it clean but fun.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Rift

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Just got it for Xmas. Anyone playing it?

Waiting on the 4 gig update though :roll:
Jackolantern

Re: Rift

Post by Jackolantern »

I played it when it first came out. It wasn't a bad game, even back then, regardless of what people were saying about it at launch (they said there were content problems when it first came out). However, I just wasn't really looking for an MMO to play back then, and ended up canceling it (someone got it for me as a gift).
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Ravinos

Post by Ravinos »

I played BETA and 2 months of release....it wasn't a horrible game but as a PvP'r the game didn't work for me. Slow and clunky with too many ways to one shot people. It just wasn't engaging. The concepts for the PvE rift system were cool though. The downside is....you need people to complete them. Sometimes there just weren't enough players in the world to do them.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Not too bad so far. I am amazed at how many peopel are playing. 15 gig install then a 4 gig update. Graphics are sub par, gameplay is much like other MMOs, and nothing really to addict you. This experience has altered some of my thoughts. Very interesting.
Callan S.

Post by Callan S. »

I thought it was the rifts that were supposed to add a certain dynamic element to play. Like your questing along then suddenly without warning a rift opens up, all these players rush in and maybe you rush in. So you can't just play the zone the same way each time.

Have you seen any rifts open up, Halls? Did you participate?
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Rifts are constantly opening up all over the place. However, it really didn't feel that dynamic to me. There is just a handful of different kinds of rift encounters, so it is basically just a random draw to see which one you get and where it opens. They are neat, and can be fun, but they are definitely not a substitute for real dynamic content. They feel more like Warhammer's public quests, except they start in semi-random locations instead of always at the same place.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

One extra feature like a rift opening is not enough to call a MMO more feature packed than another. It is just one element that frankly isn't kewl to me yet as I haven't seen any.

Don't get me wrong the game is fun so far, worth $15 a month? NO

This only inspires me to move ahead with my own plans.
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

hallsofvallhalla wrote: Don't get me wrong the game is fun so far, worth $15 a month? NO

This only inspires me to move ahead with my own plans.
Sounds like you got your money's worth then ;)
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

yes and some. :)

Return to “Off-Topic”