Need help to finish your game?

Looking for a team? Need some team members?
ddougher

Need help to finish your game?

Post by ddougher »

You’ve got a great game idea; you’ve put together a team, and started with gusto. But now, all the details are swamping you. There are bugs, and incomplete features, and testing, and marketing, and advertising… It’s getting hard to remember the tradeoffs you made and why. You are trying to get it all done, but the “little things” are slowing progress. You see yourself as an artist or a programmer and a game designer, not a chief cook and bottle washer. You are in a swamp of conflicting issues and you are having trouble keeping your eyes on the big picture, not to mention keeping your team motivated! Maybe some of your people aren’t pulling their weight anymore, maybe some have left.

I’m the guy who fixes those problems.

I get the game finished. I keep track of the schedules, the details, the next steps that mean you get done on time. I don’t make the big decisions, in fact, I don’t make any decisions at all. I just make sure you know what decisions need to be made, and when, and what the pros, cons, and consequences are.

I make sure everybody knows what their job is, what they are doing tomorrow, next week, and next month. I make sure you know if they are having trouble getting there.

I help with all the documents - the Game Design Proposal, the Art Bible, the Audio Bible, the Q/A Test Plan, the Project Plan, the Technical Specifications, the Level Design Documents and the Marketing Plan. I can even help with assembling the materials so you can seek outside funding. I make sure you know when your marketing and advertising materials need to get to the game reviewers and websites. I can help you schedule for growing your company by hiring additional people.

I can also help with things like setting up your versioning software, your build processes, and your naming conventions (You do have naming conventions for your artwork and audio don’t you?)

I have hands on experience with designing games, programming, art and audio creation, testing, release, and publishing. I know what it takes to get your game done. I also have experience with marketing, advertising, web design, and legal issues. I have worked with teams of all sizes - online and face to face. I have worked with million dollar budgets and no budget at all. And I know how to keep multiple projects going at once, so if your company is trying to get more than one thing done I can handle it.

I even teach all these things at a college level.

I don’t work for free, but by working with several companies like yours, I can be reasonable. So, if your project has gone off-track, and you want to get your game finished and out the door, then e-mail me at the address below and we’ll talk.

ddougher@pariahgames.com
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Re: Need help to finish your game?

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I like this post.
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

Yes, you do a very good job selling yourself. If I did have a game that needed finishing, I think I just might have to hire you.
w00t
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Will def keep this in mind when we get to that point. Love the post...

dbest

Post by dbest »

Awesome post, but indies *may* not need 1 person dedicated for this and pay for it as well.

At times, I do think I need a project manager who is not involved in the actual work, but I wouldn't pay for the services. Coz I am cheap like that. :mrgreen:

Return to “Recruitment”