isogenic engine is released!

Neo-Axis, Torque, 3D GameStudio, DarkBasic, Blitz3d, ect...
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

isogenic engine is released!

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Hi folks,

Thanks for the wait and your patience. I can now give you some exiting news!

The Isogenic Game Engine is now available for download. You can choose the prototype license which is free, or purchase the premium license who's price has now been rationalised for easy interpretation.

The prototype license includes everything the premium license has except: A few modules are removed (such as Facebook API integration), the source is obfuscated and all in-line comments are removed. The license is for testing and evaluation only. Please read the details on the site for more information.

We have listened to the pricing structure feedback and have adjusted our licensing options to allow everyone access to the full engine. The professional license has been removed and we now only sell the premium license. The premium license includes the full un-obfuscated source code, various extra modules and hands-on developer support as well as some other cool features. This license also allows you to create and publish fully-commercial games. The premium license is available in two price points: £99 for students, hobbyists and independent developers, or £199 for game studios and incorporated / limited companies. We believe this to be an outstanding price for an engine that allows multiplayer persistent worlds.

Visit the store & downloads section at http://www.isogenicengine.com to get your copy now!

The engine documentation includes a section that explains how to install and run the engine as well as the API docs: http://www.isogenicengine.com/documentation

There's still loads more to come in the future including full 3D support with WebGL as well as a new terrain-based system allowing more than just a flat map! The Irrelon GameHost service is currently being tested by existing license holders and will be live soon too!

We are also now looking for active investment to help take the engine to the next level.

We cannot survive as a company without license purchases so if you think you will find the engine useful and can afford to support us, please consider purchasing a license!

Thanks!

P.S. You can find our support forum over at http://www.getsatisfaction.com/irrelon_software and I encourage you to sign up and participate.

Best wishes,
Be warned currently this is for a full blown server use a node service. I talked to Rob and he stated he was working on a tutorial and package for running a single player game on a webhost. I asked him about use ajax.
OldRod

Re: isogenic engine is released!

Post by OldRod »

I remember looking at this a couple months back - it was pretty impressive if I remember right.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

his response on Ajax
Although AJAX calls are not built into the engine as a transport method, you could easily do it with jQuery. It would be seriously easy to add a jQuery ajax call into the game code. :)
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

I have thought Isogenic looked awesome, and had been eye'ing it for months now. I did not think the release was going to be so soon due to the developer's blogs. Before anyone starts major development with it, I would give it a few more months just to make sure it is stable and ready for prime time. Very exciting though! The fact that there is a free, basic license option is very cool.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Jackolantern wrote:I have thought Isogenic looked awesome, and had been eye'ing it for months now. I did not think the release was going to be so soon due to the developer's blogs. Before anyone starts major development with it, I would give it a few more months just to make sure it is stable and ready for prime time. Very exciting though! The fact that there is a free, basic license option is very cool.
Very cool indeed, however its for non-commercial use only!

Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Oh, I know. I just thought it was cool that you can basically develop your whole game for free and only pay for a commercial license once you are ready to launch. Considering how often projects of this size actually get finished, that is quite a nice feature lol! Sad, but true.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Jackolantern wrote:Oh, I know. I just thought it was cool that you can basically develop your whole game for free and only pay for a commercial license once you are ready to launch. Considering how often projects of this size actually get finished, that is quite a nice feature lol! Sad, but true.
Agreed!

hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

wow the response from this group is great!

Hi again Gene,

Just thought I'd let you know that the "offline" version of the engine is now available in the store as well. This version does not require Node.js, will run from any standard web-host and does not have multiplayer or persistent worlds support as standard making it very easy to use and deploy!

Thanks,
Chris

Post by Chris »

I saw a presentation on this ages ago and was quite interested in it.. Now that I've tried the demo and realize it barely works in Opera... All I can think of is fail... Another engine with potential and another programmer who screwed up.
Fighting for peace is declaring war on war. If you want peace be peaceful.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

The developer was suppose to swing by, maybe he we will see this and work on the Opera side.

Return to “3d Engines”