Looking for beta testers for facebook app!

Looking for a team? Need some team members?
stevoboi

Looking for beta testers for facebook app!

Post by stevoboi »

Hey Indie-Resource people, a buddy(Marshall Steelman) and I(Steven Johnson) have been hard at work for the past few months whipping up something for the old-school text browser based strategy gamers out there and need some beta testers to come prove it's worth.

Keep in mind that we are still tweaking it (And if any of you have expertise or skill in this, let us know)... But as for now the game is about 90% functional.

Still adding in Alliances and other things, but we're headed in a good direction we believe.

Check it out and leave us some feedback here, we're more than happy to see what ya have to say (Constructive Criticism welcome too... :) )

Kings of Legions Beta v1
http://apps.facebook.com/kingsoflegions/
Lord Strife

Re: Looking for beta testers for facebook app!

Post by Lord Strife »

well since it appears this post didnt get alot of views or responses I am bumping it up a bit. WOuld be nice to get a few players from the I-R community in there to help with ideas and balancing of the numbers. So please if ya have the time and a facebook account then give it a shot and let us know what ya think in game forums , here , or in game chat!!

Kings of Legions
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

I tend to avoid Facebook games generally. I would be willing to check this out though as long as it's not going to spam all my friends :)
Lord Strife

Post by Lord Strife »

nope no wall post or posting to anything other then in game stuff ;)
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

I will jump back in and give it a shot, last I seen it was looking awesome.
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

OK, checked it out a little bit over lunch

I like the look of this - very well done graphically.

A couple questions/nitpiks:

1 - is there any way to see the progress of construction on something you are building? I tried building an iron mine and it showed "building: 1" on the construction screen, but I saw no way to tell how close it was to completion, or how long it would take, etc.

2 - this may apply to all FB games, I don't know, but I had to log in unsecured to get to your game. Is there any way to play your game from a secured login?

Didn't get to play for long, but I like what I see so far :)
Lord Strife

Post by Lord Strife »

Hmmm , not sure about the secure login , basically youcan only play it if you're logged in thru facebook , and only view it if you're in facebook so I guess that depends on how you can login to facebook.

As for the construction of buildings , if you go to the workers page (workforce tab) and look towards the bottom where you can hire construction workers it tells you how many you can build per "tick" ( ticks run 1 every 10 min. ) --> Our construction workers are building xxxx structures per tick!
VZdemon

Post by VZdemon »

wow i'm really impressed very nice looking game.
it's VZdaemon on xbox live
OldRod

Post by OldRod »

Lord Strife wrote:Hmmm , not sure about the secure login , basically youcan only play it if you're logged in thru facebook , and only view it if you're in facebook so I guess that depends on how you can login to facebook.
I always log in to Facebook through their secure login (HTTPS). When I went to play your game, I got a popup telling me I was leaving secure mode and would have to re-login to Facebook after playing to re-enter secure mode. Didn't know if that was something you controlled with your code? Or if it was a Facebook thing
Lord Strife

Post by Lord Strife »

hmmm i dont know to be honest , I think I would have to set some kinda secure setting somewhere in the FB Dev panel I will have to look

Return to “Recruitment”