Any decent vps hosts?

Got a kewl website or have a website question? Hosting? Servers?
crzyone9584

Any decent vps hosts?

Post by crzyone9584 »

As my host is starting to get a little more shadier every day with more "spam" showing up about one of the employee's owing child support, I've decided to start looking for a new decent vps host. If you guys have any experience with any host with vps let me know. I'd love to hear about it. Any good recommendation will be great. Please don't refer me to Go Daddy.. Had a bad experience with them before.

Windows VPS please.
Imagecrzy
Male Ninja
Str: 5 Agi: 17 Fort: 5 IQ: 5
HP: 10/10 MP: 5/5
See Full Character:
Loopy

Re: Any decent vps hosts?

Post by Loopy »

Liquid web has been around awhile and I've always heard good things about them:
http://www.liquidweb.com/cart/content/v ... n2Windows/

I considered them a few years ago when I was looking for a new VPS, but ultimately went for Wired Tree, since they were slightly cheaper.
crzyone9584

Post by crzyone9584 »

Thanks for the link. Its a little out of my price range. I'm paying 50 usd a month right now. Hoping i can find something similer for the same price...
Imagecrzy
Male Ninja
See Full Character:
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

$50 is pretty cheap for a Windows VPS. I don't think I have ever seen any other ones in that price range. What is wrong with it that has made you look for another host?
The indelible lord of tl;dr
crzyone9584

Post by crzyone9584 »

The support is starting to take for ever. The online chat is never online any more, and there have been posts on the forums, may it be spam or not idk, about a few people taking legal actions against my current host. If the legal actions are true I'd rather be on the safe side and be ready to move is things get shut down or anything. I've been looking around and it seems that many places are between 70+ for a decent windows vps. Looks like i'll be forking over more money if it comes down to it. Lack of support is really pissing me off.
Imagecrzy
Male Ninja
See Full Character:
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

If you can spare the extra cash, I am of the school of thought that having support on your host is crucial. If your game gets popular, nothing can be more frustrating than the server going down and not even having anyone you can contact.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
crzyone9584

Post by crzyone9584 »

Thats why I'm looking. I'm looking to the future and hoping for the best. I'm also looking at some co-location options within my area as well. Level3 is a nice place down in Denver. Just need to find some prices for them.
Imagecrzy
Male Ninja
See Full Character:
spawnfestis

Post by spawnfestis »

rRussellr

Post by rRussellr »

Bigwetfish.co.uk are decent good uptime good prices and excellent prices used them for a while now.

I think they have data centres in uk and us.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Try fanatical vps. http://fanaticalvps.com. $5 a month for a linux VPS.
Fighting for peace is declaring war on war. If you want peace be peaceful.

Return to “WebSite”