Project Station Invasion

Got a kewl website or have a website question? Hosting? Servers?
Torniquet

Project Station Invasion

Post by Torniquet »

Despite what the title may suggest, no this is not a hostile take over of the radio waves.

PSI (Project station invasion) is a new tutorial series coming soon which will guide you through creating a M.U.D style PBBG (browser based MMORPG what ever you prefer)

This series will look at taking jQuery, php and hopefully XML by the balls and pushing it to its limits to produce a freely flowing map based game.

For more information check out

www.psi.tapt-in.net

WARNING! This series is not for those who are faint of heart. It is targeted at the more advanced web developers primarily, but will cover some of the basics.
New Site Coming Soon! Stay tuned :D
OldRod

Re: Project Station Invasion

Post by OldRod »

Awesome!

I watched your shoutbox tutorials over the weekend - they were great!

Can't wait to see this, especially since I'm trying to get started working on a MUD-style RPG browser-based game with a flowing map :)
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Yeah, I am definitely interested in this as well. I am no wizard by any stretch of the imagination with jQuery/JS, but I am far beyond the basics and would like a tutorial series aimed at that type of developer.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Xaleph

Post by Xaleph »

Nice! I like jQuery, i`m starting to get the hang of it as well, and like Jack, i`m no wizard either, but i`m a fast learner. I might be able to help on some design stuff, I recently downloaded a new pattern pack for Photoshop, there`s bound to be one usable for space stuff right? Wrong topic, i KNOW. Wow, i`m getting off-topic a lot lately... grr darn me.

Anyway, looking forward for the tuts :) Free flowing sounds cool!
Torniquet

Post by Torniquet »

Xaleph wrote:Nice! I like jQuery, i`m starting to get the hang of it as well, and like Jack, i`m no wizard either, but i`m a fast learner. I might be able to help on some design stuff, I recently downloaded a new pattern pack for Photoshop, there`s bound to be one usable for space stuff right? Wrong topic, i KNOW. Wow, i`m getting off-topic a lot lately... grr darn me.

Anyway, looking forward for the tuts :) Free flowing sounds cool!
well as free flowing as i can get it. I think the map will be partitioned, but will have to wait and see :)

as for design... look over in the recruitment ;)
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

looking forward to it as well, Love me some ajax and JS. Was just working on a real time ascii wars map using them and this could help out.
Nexus

Post by Nexus »

Can't wait torn this looks awesome!
Torniquet

Post by Torniquet »

Just a quick update.

I have started the videos (not got as far as i would have liked to have been... but work putting me into a coma lol so feeling dead to the world by the time i get home.)

I have written a whole load of ideas down now, so got lots to do and even more damned talking to do lol.

I plan on starting to release videos some point next week, once i have recorded a few and got them rendered lol. The first couple of videos going over the registration form and log in box is more focused on explaining the code rather than watching me code. A. to try and keep the videos down to a minimum while covering the basics and B. because the targeted audience should know enough about php to write the processes without me holding their hand :)

Xaleph has done an awesome job making the YouTube embed images, so in praise of his awesome work... http://www.psi.tapt-in.net/tube.html here is a little taster :p

anyway im off to sleep now. 1 more day till the weekend :D
Nexus

Post by Nexus »

Great work Torn and Xaleph! Can't wait for the videos!
Torniquet

Post by Torniquet »

Bad news is upon us :(

i currently dont have suitable access to internet in order to upload videos :(

my housemates seem to have squandered all the bandwidth... and I now only (replenished today infact) my mobile BB limit topped up lol.

I may head to my parents to upload the 1st set of videos i have on my laptop HDD, but i dont really want to use my mobile BB to upload the vids.

I will see how i feel at the weekend :)

But rest assured, they are coming!! lol

Return to “WebSite”