Ads

For discussions about game development that does not fit in any of the other topics.
hallsofvallhalla
Site Admin

Ads

Post by hallsofvallhalla »

Have heard a lot of good things about ads on game websites as far as a revenue. Anyone have any experience on using google ads and such for revenue? How often do you click on a websites ads?
Sakar

Re: Ads

Post by Sakar »

I've never used ads myself, but for the other question I almost never click on ads.
Noctrine

Post by Noctrine »

Google ads suck, for that reason of people not clicking them. Per Impression Ads are usually the way to go, where people pay just to have their banner seen. But you need a pretty big following for that to work.
Jesse Dorsey
ProjectANI - Lead Developer Person
http://about.me/jessedorsey
Jackolantern

Post by Jackolantern »

Noctrine wrote:Google ads suck, for that reason of people not clicking them. Per Impression Ads are usually the way to go, where people pay just to have their banner seen. But you need a pretty big following for that to work.
I think those are also called "PPM" (Pay-Per-Thousand views). And yeah, you do need a pretty big following for those to work, since they will typically pay you the same amount you could make for one ad click for a thousand ad views. But, we need to keep in mind that most of these programs are per "view", not per "visitor". If your average visitor loads 20 pages (such as an average forum user), that could possibly count as 20 views. That is at least the way I understand it. It is also how Facebook picked up so much money early on. People were just living on Facebook, refreshing and changing pages for hours.
The indelible lord of tl;dr
Noctrine

Post by Noctrine »

Sorry, I meant to say per month lol.
Jesse Dorsey
ProjectANI - Lead Developer Person
http://about.me/jessedorsey

Return to “General Development”