TLA Studios

Got a kewl website or have a website question? Hosting? Servers?
SpiritWebb

TLA Studios

Post by SpiritWebb »

So I got our website up and running, but the links on it don't work just yet. Just the main page is active. The photos that are there are place holders until we can get the real images up.

Just wanted to get opinions on the site:

http://www.tlastudios.net

PaxBritannia

Re: TLA Studios

Post by PaxBritannia »

Well, it works! There's not much to comment on though, I'll give you some time to finish.

Meanwhile, the only problem is that the logo redirects to index.html and returns a 404, try changing it to index.php. ;)

pax.
kaos78414

Post by kaos78414 »

/agree with Pax.

If you want some advice design wise: The rotating flash carousel is nice, but it covers the background in a way that makes the background seem unattractive. I would suggest creating a different background image. A simple gradient would work well, no need to go overboard.

just my two cents :D
w00t
PaxBritannia

Post by PaxBritannia »

I just thought I'd mention it: the carousel works in all the browsers I tested it in except Camino.

I have no idea why. :)

pax.
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

PaxBritannia wrote:I just thought I'd mention it: the carousel works in all the browsers I tested it in except Camino.

I have no idea why. :)

pax.
Thanks! Though hadn't got that far, but I appreciate it!

SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

I have made the black box transparent and still working on getting the links completed! But the background can fully be seen!

SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

Upgrading the server today. Needed more RAM. Since this is a testing server, only adding another 128Mb RAM

SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

I have put up the OuterNet website: http://outernet.tlastudios.net

PaxBritannia

Post by PaxBritannia »

Great, good to see that there's some content on the website already.

Although soliciting donations and paid advertisements may be a bit too early - you don't want to scare everyone away before they even got here. The wording of that article might also give the impression of 'begging', so you might want to re-word it. ;)

Otherwise, great to see it moving along. Be careful not to fall into the trap of updating the website but forgetting to work on the actual game (that's happened several times to me before). :lol:

pax.
SpiritWebb

Post by SpiritWebb »

PaxBritannia wrote:Great, good to see that there's some content on the website already.

Although soliciting donations and paid advertisements may be a bit too early - you don't want to scare everyone away before they even got here. The wording of that article might also give the impression of 'begging', so you might want to re-word it. ;)

Otherwise, great to see it moving along. Be careful not to fall into the trap of updating the website but forgetting to work on the actual game (that's happened several times to me before). :lol:

pax.
Took your advice, and removed the advert. I about caught myself updating the site more then the game. When I am at work and have down time, I tend to work on the site, since I cannot install the game engine up there. And at home I tend to work on the game. :)

Return to “WebSite”