Help with Building a Virtual World (using flash 8 AS2)

RPG Maker, Eclipse, Xtreme Worlds, ect..
Yourself

Help with Building a Virtual World (using flash 8 AS2)

Post by Yourself »

Ok so me and a few friends wanted to create a Game like Club Penguin, Pandanda, Panfu, ECT. So we started a few days ago i was the only person that sort of knew action script ( buttons, animation, some other stuff) so i tryed to get my MC (MovieClip) to move to my Mouse when i click ( so when i click it, the movie clip will rotate and go down it will go down and when i click left it will rotate left and go that way) and i failed :oops: :oops: :oops:

So i was wondering if you could play club penguin for a little bit and Pandanda cause i wanna try to make it look a little bit 3D, and i need help with the action script, i have 2 very good Drawers in my Team one has a tablet for drawing so if anyone wants to help please please PM we want to release this before Christmas i want i lot of people to Join in. i dont know how to make a website so can some1 help me with that aswell thx ;) ;)

Hope you can all Help :roll: :roll: :D Any 1 Who help will be put into a People who made this page on the website :o
SpiritWebb

Re: Help with Building a Virtual World (using flash 8 AS2)

Post by SpiritWebb »

First off, welcome to the forums, were glad to have you...

Secondly: Recruiting people to help you on your project is best posted in the recruitment section. If you are going to recruit people (most already have a project of their own), you will need to show some sort of work already achieved on your project, to show people you are serious about what you are doing.

Finally: There are a lot of resources on the web involving actionscipt, but you need to be more specific, is this Actionscript 1.0, 2.0 or 3? What version of flash are you using to make this game? How far along are you on your project? Just starting, about mid-way, etc...please refer to this topic when recruiting: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1341&p

Otherwise ask questions and most people here will either know how to help or point you in the right way...good luck on the setting of your deadline...

Return to “2D engines”